- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
Hey Bees! I’m starting to second-guess myself here, so can you please read through my current situation and let me know if I’m beng a complete jerk?
– Intead of just picking the dresses for my bridesmaids, I sent them to Weddington Way where they can “favorite” the dresses they want to wear and be able to comment on each other’s selections. I told them that I’ll narrow it down by designer and fabric based on majority rules. The only rule I had for them was: no black (obvious reasons) and no purple (overdone).
– The day I sent them the link to Weddington Way (Thanksgiving), one of my bridesmaids sent me a text saying she got her dress already, along with a picture…white satin on top, purple on the bottom…because purple is her favorite color. Intead of going “WTF”, I sent her a picture of chocolate chip cookies I was baking. I didn’t know how to respond appropriately at the time.
– My wedding is in June, so this week, I sent everyone a group text to say we need to narrow down our choices because we need to order the dresses soon. And since I would be home for the holidays (I currenlty live in a different state from them), it would be perfect if we tried on dresses during the holidays while I was there. Two of them refuse to go dress shopping because they think they’re “too fat” and want to be at their “goal weight” and be size 0’s. (They’re all already stick-thin in my opinion…and proabably are already size 0s, but whatever…) So they said they’ll order them in April. I told them the dreses take about 14 weeks to produce. They said I was making things too complicated for them.
– I sent out an email this weekend and told them I’ve narrowed it down to color (grey), fabric (chiffon), designer. All they had to do was pick the style they wanted and order it by January…February at the latest. There were about 36 options they could choose from.
– I get a text from my MOH this morning and she said she knows I said chiffon, but she wanted to do satin instead. And she sends me a link to the dress she wanted to wear…grey minidress. I made it clear in my initial email that I was hoping for a vintage/1920s feel and that since the wedding is in LA, I wanted everyone to be comfortable in the dresses and that they should pick flowy dresses and something not too tight-fitting. I texted back and said Satin wouldn’t really work since the other two girls would be in chiffon. Then she asked me “wtf” my email was about because it sounded bitchy because I pretty much brought the hammer down on when they had to get their dresses and the color they had to wear.
– Only one of my bridesmaids is cooporating and she’s 100% on board with whatever I want. She told me she’ll wear whatever I put her in. THANK GOD one bridemaid isn’t making me feel like total crap.
Bees, I still feel pretty horrible. Am I being a total bitch? I contacted the manufacturer and the customer service rep said that June was peak wedding season and now is the best time to order the dresses and it’s ideal they order it all at the same time so the dyes come out right. Two of my three bridesmaids think I’m being ridiculous with my requests and that I’m making my wedding too complicated. Seriously? What are your thoughts?