Post # 1
My bf and I have been together almost 2 yrs and talk about getting married alot (every day). We have even picked out my ring! We are in grad school so our wedding would have to be in either May or December to allow us to go on our honeymoon directly after our wedding. Those are the only two months our of the school year we have off for atleast 2 weeks in a row. I want to get married in 2012 because 2011 is too close and 2013 has 13 in it and is bad luck! lol so that leave us 2012! Both our names start with M’s (so does our puppy’s name). I would rather May over December because I would much rather get married in a warm month (and May starts with an M!!)
I know our engagement is coming sometime between now and May and he has given me permission to get price quotes from venues to narrow down the reception venue. I have narrowed it down to 2 (because of our budget and location). definately like one of the places a lot more than the other (It’s on the top floor of a building in down town New Orleans with amazing views of the city sky-line!) I contacted them and asked them about the two dates in May I was looking at and they have already booked one! I am really worried that they will book the other by the time I officially become engaged(in the next 3 or 4 months). Would it be crazy to pay a deposit on the venue I love to hold the date WITHOUT being officially enaged??
Post # 3
if being “official” is just about the ring than No, i dont think so. If he has committed himself to marrying you then you are already engaged in my opinion
Post # 4
I think the person you need to discuss this with is your boyfriend. I personally don’t want to plan any of my wedding before I have a ring of my finger, but that doesn’t mean other people don’t do it differently. The only person whose opinion counts on this topic is your boyfriend’s. I he agrees, then go ahead and book away.
Post # 5
I agree, I would discuss it with your boyfriend. I know a girl who did that before, her boyfriend told her to book things. She did it, not engaged, and it worked out just fine. A friend of mine bought her wedding dress before she was engaged! I am also a person who worries about things booking, and I’m a June 2012 bride. If it is something that is important to the two of you, and you both agree that it’s okay to book, I would go ahead and do so.
Post # 6
I agree with the previous posters.. go ahead & book it if your SO is okay with it. :o)
Post # 7
I would talk to your SO about it- if you are both in agreement- who cares what others think?
Post # 8
I just wanted to add my agreement to the pp–if your BF is okay with booking it, go for it! If the two of you have decided to get married, you’re engaged in my opinion and it’s perfectly fine to start planning if you’re both in agreement.