Am I the only one crazy enough to have just started planning for Sept 2014?

posted 3 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
284 posts
Helper bee

I got engaged December 28th, and started planning in late January for June 22nd. I would call myself a cram-planner 😛

Post # 3
1059 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

colleenichole:  I’m sure it’ll be fine. I think a lot of it has to do with where you live. Lots of people in my area can pull off a wedding in 6 months. Congratulations :-). Sometimes I wish our engagment wasn’t a whole year… it’s a whole lot of waiting. 

Post # 4
428 posts
Helper bee

I’m in the same boat! We got engaged on December 29th, and we’re planning for September 27th. We thought we’d elope at first, but now we’ve decided to have an “immediate family only” ceremony, then get dinner afterward and whatever. We’ll have a reception/celebration sometime in October, but I’m not worried about it as of right now.

I just made my dress shopping appointment yesterday (for April 9th), I’m calling the bakery about our cake tomorrow, and I emailed our hopefully-photographer just an hour ago. Still need to figure out what FI will be wearing, secure rental chairs for the ceremony, decide on flowers, and order our wedding bands and invitations. So we technially have nothing done, except for knowing where the cermony will be and who’s invited, lol.

I’m still hanging onto the option of eloping.

Post # 5
1216 posts
Bumble bee

colleenichole:  I just got engaged on March 17th, and we are planning our wedding for September 20, 2014! We already have our venue booked, and have picke our caterer and menu, we have contacted our rental company and will be booking soon. Our save the dates will be here next week, and go out in the mail immediately. I’m definitely feeling the crunch, but luckily we have a lot of family helping which will make things easier.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors