(Closed) An ode to passive/aggressive comments 2013

posted 4 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ouch, that must have stung! I’ve had an old guyfriend who used to have a thing for me (but swears he got over me years ago) asked me “so are you completely stressed, burnt out, and can’t wait to get the wedding over with?” ummmm… no, I’m very much looking forward to my big day, but also savoring my engagement time.

Post # 4
3093 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We text my mom today.  She asked if we were getting nervous etc….we responded that we’re keeping our eyes on the prize.

She writes back…and what exactly is the prize?

The wedding, our marriage, c’mon mom!!!,

Post # 6
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I posted something benign on Facebook about needing a vacation (don’t remember the exact wording but I was implying I needed a break from work). An aunt obviously took it that I needed a break from DH, and commented that she guessed the “honeymoon was over” complete with smiley faces. I’m glad that the idea of my marriage in peril (which it is not) is reason for smileys.

Post # 8
2202 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We’re expecting our first child estimated due date is dec.23rd. My sweet SIL gave birth to a daughter last year on dec 24th. Well we told my other SIL (older sister of 1st SIL) our due date and she’s told me multiple times something along these lines: 

“It will be born on ‘nieces’ birthday I bet money on it, wouldn’t that be -dripping in sarcasm- just ‘great’ ” 

-sigh- yes…. Because I have SO much control over when my child will be born. :,(

Post # 9
872 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My father in law walks in one day while I am getting some of my FI’s stuff together, and he asks, “What are you doing?” and I replied, “I am getting things ready for the garage sale. Sorry about the mess I cannot believe how much stuff he has!” 

He then says, “Yeah, you shouldn’t marry a messy guy.” 

O_O; Whaaaa?! 

“That is okay, we have the rest of our lives to change and grow with each other!” 

As he was leaving he said, “You think you have all the time in the world, but you dont.”

The same day when we were hanging out with my FI’s father my FI hadn’t come back from work yet, and his dad was like, “Where is Mr. Dahling?” and I said, “He was supposed to be back by now, but I guess work kept him longer. His schedule can be so unreliable.” 

He says, “Yeah…Mr. Dahling is unreliable.” I said his SCHEDULE was unreliable, not him, and he just stopped talking. 

Needless to say…His family doesn’t want me marrying my FI.

Post # 11
872 posts
Busy bee

@Nic01:  Haha, right?! 

@MrsHoneyC:  ….Uh…Yeah….Don’t you know that you control the due date of when your child will be born? That whole 9 month rule is just a lie the man set up for women who want to work. /sarcasm LOL. 

How can someone be upset about that? I don’t…I don’t even want to understand that mind set. 

Post # 12
1219 posts
Bumble bee

A girl I went to school with, after she saw my e-ring, said “it’s so nice of you to accept something that small”. WTF!

Post # 13
4664 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

FH wanted his groomsmen to be subtly power rangers themed, and we got a message from a family member after they found out about the multiple colors of vests asking if this was “a gay thing.”

We just about died laughing, like “yeah, you got me, I’m coming out by having my groomsmen wear rainbow at my wedding to a woman.”

(Though I won’t say it doesn’t make me a little nervous now about our white knot table.)

Post # 14
2872 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Nice thread!

Hm… latest from my mom? She “casually mentioned” wanting to have a talk with me about how I stand in pictures (for the wedding, after we saw my master’s graduation photos) because I need to be more careful because “before she lost the weight, she had a double chin too”

Post # 16
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - The Cove Lakeside Resort

My sister isn’t coming to our wedding because we aren’t inviting her boyfriend (whom we have a long bad personal history with) and my parents and my brother are either threatening not to come or to not be in familly pictures, because my sister won’t be there. When I told my parents that the things that said to me hurt me, they pretty much said, “we don’t care, this day isn’t about you its about us.” the kicker is that a year BEFORE I got engaged I told my mom if I get married my sisters boyfriend will not be invited, then when we did get engaged, my mom was trying to get me to invite children to the wedding because it would mean my sister’s boyfriend wouldn’t be able to go as it would break his parole (he was charged with a few counts of unlawful contact with a minor… another reason we don’t like him) and my mom was PISSED when we just said out right we don’t want him there…… My mother is queen of passive agressive behaviour.

The topic ‘An ode to passive/aggressive comments 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors