(Closed) Any 10/19/13 brides?!

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@starz88962:  Hi there date and location twin! I am an 10/19/13 bride as well as a Philly one.  My ceremony will be in Philly and the reception is in Radnor.  I got engaged last May and I starting my planning that following week.  Since I started so early I have all of the major vendors booked already.  The last thing on my to-do was invites and hair/makeup and I just got done getting that all set up last week.  The only things I have to take care of now are the little things -favors, table numbers, seating chart, bm and gm gifts…etc.  I am actually finding the little things to be the hardest things to make a decision on. But the days are winding down so fast now and the pressure is on!

Where are you getting married and what have you done so far?

Post # 4
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hello day twins!!!  I am getting married near new orleans.  Everything seems to be going rather smoothly (knock on wood) the only things that I need to get ironed out is the Hair & Make-Up, Transportation to and from the venue, and make a decision on the chair rentals 🙂  Happy planning everyone!

Post # 6
19 posts
Newbee

Yay 10/19/13 brides. I am trying to knock as much stuff as possible. STDs have been sent out (in Feb), working on our centerpieces right now. Have the caterer, photographer, videographer, venue ect, booked. Got all the rentals secured, the tableware ect. Getting ready to take engagement pictures. I made all our table numbers, ordered our flowers (using fake flowers for the centerpieces), got all my bridal jewelry and accesories, dress, ordered the guys stuff blah blah. I feel pretty well prepared, yet so behind.

Post # 7
17 posts
Newbee

(Raises hand vigorously) I’m also getting married on 10/19/2013!  Glad to hear fellow 10/19 brides are progressing well with planning.  FI and I got engaged last July and got most of the big items (venue, dj, photo, video, dress) booked by last November.  We took a break from planning for the holidays but are picking up planning again.  Next up on the agenda: bridesmaids’ dresses!

Post # 8
430 posts
Helper bee

Tonight we have tentatively picked 10/19. We just got engaged this past weekend.  We want a church wedding and at home reception.  But I’m afraid of our guest list (which doesn’t exist right now).  Lots of questions and no answers.

Post # 9
60 posts
Worker bee

@starz88962:  It really is a small world indeed!  How fun. I may take you up on that message offer and the same goes for you.  =)

@Jen-in-GA:  First, congrats on the engagement…that is so exciting.  And second, welcome to the 10/19/13 club!!!  And our guest list is still not 100% finalized and FI and I started putting it together a year ago, so I feel your pain. Even though we sent our save the dates out already that doesn’t seem to stop both sets of parents from asking us to add additional guests. Best of luck with the rest of your planning.

Post # 10
430 posts
Helper bee

@KRutter0:  Thank you. How much info did you have on your Save the Dates?

I did find out that the chapel is available.  And it holds 150!  It sure doesn’t look like it would.  If we keep it small I will feel better about having the reception at home.

Post # 11
387 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We have exactly 6 months my 10-19-13 ladies, wohoo!! *does the I’m getting married in 6 months dance*

Post # 12
914 posts
Busy bee

Oh my gosh 6 months! I am also a 10/19/13 bride in Tampa, FL!

Post # 14
26 posts
Newbee

@starz88962:  Hey! 10/19/13 bride here :). All the big stuff is done – venue, food, church, DJ, photographer, dress, lighting and BM dresses. So now all the smaller stuff like cake, flowers, invites, etc. Only 170 days left ahhh!

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee

I am 10/19/13 bride! I am feeling a little behind in planning now that there are less than six months to go. I am in my last semester of nursing school, getting ready to take boards and job hunting so I haven’t been able to make wedding planning much of a priority. It is helpful to see what other 10/19/13 brides have done so far because it reminds of what else I need to get done!

The topic ‘Any 10/19/13 brides?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors