(Closed) Any 20 October 2013 Bees?

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
2352 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

YES!!! Finally a date twin!! I thought I was all alone, the only woman in the world getting married on that day!

I don’t blame u for not wanting to share. Our st Thomas wedding will NOT be on a beach b/c they’re too public! Locals r always milling around and who knows what other brides could be having the same idea as me and have her wedding on the same beach at the same time! No way Jose. I got a private villa and an odd day of the week. Plus I like the ring of the date 10/20. Easy to say, easy to remember. Looks good on invitations.

I think ur smart for planning the way u did.

Post # 5
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

So sounds like ur having a destination too maybe? Where is ur venue? We will have way less than 50 guests. 40 at the most which would put us over budget, and probably closer to 20.  I feel like I haven’t made much progress in planning, but then when I look over my checklist, then ya I’ve actually done quite a bit. I’ve booked venue, booked hotel, decided on colors, decor, sent out save the dates and chosen matching invitations. Worked out a guest list, taken engagement pics, and started dress shopping. i think I can wait a while to decide for sure on the stuff that requires a final guest count like food, number of tables, etc. We r not using live music or dj, and we r not having a bridal party. How r u coming along?

Post # 7
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

@ahbsbee:  oh well ya u have made some good progress too! it still seems to me that oct is a loooong way off. so theres still alot of time to worry about some of that stuff. but u r probably like me, wanting to get stuff taken care of so u dont have to worry about it! my coordinator says that nothing needs to be finalized until a couple of months before the date (i mean decor details and such like table decor, choosing the cake, finalizing the menu etc, choosing flowers etc) which seems to me like it is waiting waaaaay too long. but as long as she doesnt freak out, i wont freak out lol.

Post # 8
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Another date twin here! We chose Sunday because our venue (who does all the catering and a lot of the wedding stuff for us) had a $16,000 minimum for Saturday weddings, which would have been a ton of guests and wayyy to expensive, but Sunday is only a $5,000 minimum πŸ™‚ We wanted a smaller wedding and are only having 50 guests and I don’t think it will effect our guests that much, not many of them are every Sunday church goers or anything.

Post # 9
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

Date triplets πŸ™‚

We r having ours at 4pm. What time for u ladies?

Post # 10
281 posts
Helper bee

@BeeG35:  10am for ceremony, 11:30am for reception πŸ™‚ 

Post # 12
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

@ahbsbee:  haha ONLY 8 months, thats forever! i want it to get here NOW!

did u order or purchase ur dress yet?

Post # 13
2352 posts
Buzzing bee

Exactly six months away TODAY! EEEK!! Im waiting on rsvps to come in now, we’ve started the long wait to the deadline. Cant plan a lot of stuff til we know how many guests we get. 

Post # 14
278 posts
Helper bee

@BeeG35:  @ahbsbee:  @kittylove13:  

Yay! Date twins! We picked a Sunday because it saved us 40% off the venue fee. πŸ™‚

I feel like I am SO FAR BEHIND with not even 6 months to go. We have finally picked our caterer but do not have a deposit down yet, which makes me nervous. Tasting is in two weeks, but it’s mostly to pick specific dishes as we’ve already had their food and know we want them.

We are waiting for our Save The Dates… the illustrator should be done by Monday, then we need to get them printed and mailed ASAP. We had engagement photos taken a few months ago and we intended to send out the Save The Dates before April 20, but our engagement pictures came out HORRIBLE. D: 

The topic ‘Any 20 October 2013 Bees?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors