Any 2015 Brides begin planning yet?

posted 2 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
1107 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

annette.m.clark.7:  We’re not getting married till Oct/Nov of 2015 and I’ve started already! I bought our cake topper and we’re checking out a venue. I don’t think this is too early IMO. Especially for booking vendors – get that big stuff outta the way. I’ve also been researching all the little fun stuff like invites and favors etc. Pintrest and theKnot ftw!

Post # 3
1762 posts
Buzzing bee

annette.m.clark.7:  Don’t listen to them! June 2015 is not that far away. You are right to want to get as much done as possible because the time will pass sooner than you think! I would get started right away if I were you. I’ve had plenty of people make snarky comments about “enjoying the engagement”, but honestly I would rather enjoy it on the back-end. Being able to relax the weeks before my wedding because everything is already done sounds way more appealing than frantically completing last minute wedding tasks. Plus many venues are already booked well into fall of next year, so I would get on that immediately. Good luck with everything!!

Post # 4
1101 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

We’re getting married September 2015 and have the venue, photog, and officient so far. You might as well get as much done now as you can so it’ll be less stressful to not have a time crunch when you get closer. 

*Edited for spelling and clarity. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Curlycupcake.
Post # 5
1321 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We’re in April and i have dresses, venue booked, photographer booked and florist about to be booked. I would rather be prepared early than start scrambling to plan. My dad keeps saying there’s time but i tell him ok. lol

Post # 7
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Christmas Eve 2015 here!! So far..I’ve made the *unofficial* guest list. I’ve looked at dresses and color schemes but haven’t decided anything as far as that stuff goes. I know my theme is along the lines of Winter Wonderland but not all bedazzled and such. Just like a relaxed winter theme. Good luck 2015 bees and Congratulations!

Post # 8
97 posts
Worker bee

July 2015 fot me. I have my dress, rings, venue deposit down and meeting a celebrant tonight. I think you you start sooner so you are kess stressed later.

Post # 9
437 posts
Helper bee

we JUST got engaged and have JUST decided on a november 2015 destination wedding (jamaica maybe?).  as of right now, that’s all we’ve got! 

i’m all about planning, though.  i’ve already started putting together ideas and researching – so fun!  i really want this to be a fun experience, so i think that spreading it out over time will make it less stressful 🙂

go get it girl!

Post # 10
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

September 2015 here, things book up fast in my area so we started early to make sure we got our priority vendors and venue. So far we have venue, photographer, and now working on our DJ. Also have our bridal party confirmed and just started booking dress appointments! 

Post # 11
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m end of May 2015, and so far I have the venues, officiant, the photographer, the dress, and the engagement photo shoot scheduled.  We’re meeting with the potential DJ soon, and FI’s gram is so excited about the flowers that she wants to check them out ASAP (I hadn’t started thinking about it yet).  The way I see it, everytime I cross something off I get to sit back and relax for awhile.  You do whatever makes you happy…if that means procrastinating or being ahead of schedule.  Everyone with an unnecessary opinion can shove it.

Post # 12
725 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married in June 2015 and I’m definitely planning as much as possible now. We have our venue, church, officiant, photographer, videographer, dj, and photobooth. Right now I’m working on finding invitations and save the dates. There’s always something to do for the wedding and I’d rather not stress the closer it gets!

Post # 13
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’ve been engaged since last July 3rd and my wedding is April 2015. I’ve had venues (with catering and rentals), DJ, photographer, and videographer for a year, picked my dress in February, picked UP my dress last week, and I hashed out my florist last week as well. It’s nice to be able to get everything you want. 🙂 

Post # 14
129 posts
Blushing bee

No date yet but likely to be early spring of 2015. No “official” planning yet (aside from already having found the dress). I have been already picking colors, dresses, invites etc for consideration.  Nothing in stone though.

Post # 15
1454 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter's Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle

End of May 2015. Budget is pretty much set.  Church (and officiant), reception venue and photographer booked; I bought my dress last Saturday and I’ve chosen the bridesmaid dresses and run it past the girls (who are happy), they’re just not ordered yet. Guest list will be confirmed this week so we can get save the dates out (I don’t live in my home town or even home country so all my family will be travelling to the wedding) and I’ve done two save the dates that I’m happy with, just need FI to tell me which one he prefers! I’ve also decided on paper flowers for the bouquets so have got all the supplies for that and have begun making them.  I’m thinking about centrepieces and might do a trial this weekend (I’m DIY-ing them) and I think I know what we’re doing for the guestbook. 

Until I wrote all that down I didn’t actually realise how much I’d done!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors