Any August 2017 Brides Out There Yet?

posted 3 years ago in August 2017
Post # 2
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

likejohnnyandjune:  Me! I am getting married August 19th 2017, I have my ceremony and reception venues and a decorator/day of coordinator/planner booked. We also just chose our photographer and DJ so we will put deposits on those next week. Long engagements are the norm where I live, so while mine is a bit longer than average, vendors aren’t surprised when I message them about 2017, and we actually aren’t the first bookings for August 2017 with most of our vendors. 

We got engaged November 29th in front of the church we are getting married at. FI had one of my close friends who is a pro photog there to take pics. 

*Sorry if the picture is huge, I cant resize on my iPad. 

Post # 4
66 posts
Worker bee

Thanks! 

The best thing about booking so early is that we are locked in for 2015 pricing. I’m sure by the time the wedding comes I’ll be sick of planning since it is so dragged out, but it will be worth it to save money. 

We’ve also decided on our color palette. Our main decor will be a light gold/champagne and blush and then fuschia for the bridesmaids dresses and fuschia, berry and dark purple in the florals and accents. It sounds a mess, but it works in my head! I’ve been through a few iterations of palettes, but I’m happy with this. My friend is getting married the August before me, and is having gold as one of her colors. We are buying charger plates together and are splitting the cost. We are getting them at Bed Bath and Beyond using the coupons and paying around $150 each for 160 ish plates. 

Post # 6
66 posts
Worker bee

likejohnnyandjune:  Having our pricing locked in is awesome. I didn’t realize that you couldn’t really do that in other places. I would be stressed out having to wait. Do you have to wait until January 2016 to book for 2017?

Your color palette sounds beautiful. I absolutely love navy. Our colors were navy, blush, coral and gold for a while but I wasn’t really loving them all together. 

I just bought all of the supplies for the DIY photobooth my dad is making. We considered making an actual “booth” but it would be difficult to store or transport. He is just making a box that has a cut out for my ipad, and one for my DSLR lens. It will be slightly sturdier than just putting the camera on a tripod. My dad wants to make it this summer so if it is a disaster we have time to think of something else. If it works out, we are going to let my friend borrow it for her wedding as a test run. 

Post # 7
2967 posts
Sugar bee

likejohnnyandjune:  August 26, 2017 here! Ahhh so excited. Our colors are Black, turquoise, and cream. FI is making the invites and save the dates. He is a professional photographer. So this should be fun. I told him we have to find another photographer for our wedding. I’m currently in Starbucks planning my wedding! Squee!

Post # 8
2196 posts
Buzzing bee

We are August 19th too. 🙂 We’ve been engaged forever but ended up getting pregnant (oops), so we post poned. So not that baby is 1 we can get back on track. I don’t have anything booked yet! I’m going for an Oregon-y, Outdoors, Secret Garden, Enchanted Forest kinda feel. Moss, Mercury glass, purples, charcoal.  I plan to DIY a lot so that’s exciting. I can’t wait to get started!

Post # 9
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

likejohnnyandjune:  

August 5th 2017 here, too! We just booked our venue last week (it’s a cider house on the ocean, and the venue fee includes all rentals, our wedding coordinator, and an open bar!), and are trying to lock down a photographer and catering by the end of the summer. I was under the impression that two plus years would be enough time to be able to plan everything at a leisurely pace, but clearly, I was wrong! haha, oh well. it’s probably for the best, since we’re having an international destination wedding.

also, I am super jealous that everyone has their colors picked out, and happy to hear that some (most?) of you are going with dark colors. I kind of really want to figure out how to get burgundy in the mix, but I’m struggling to do so. we might go sage/cream/grey. such pale colors fel strange to me – I’m an Alaskan living in the Seattle area and commuting to Canada, so I’m pretty much always in some form of black and/or leather.

I do have some questions

which vendors are you all booking now? are you chosing based on limited availability, or personal priority?

TIA!

Post # 10
171 posts
Blushing bee

New bee here! Well, I’ve been lurking for about a month now but didn’t feel quite right posting without officially being engaged. Today’s my first day as a FIANCE! Soooooooooo excited. However, we had talked about our wedding date and venue ideas before our engagement, so I knew we were looking at August 2017. It seems so far away but there’s just so much to do in that time as well! 

Congrats August 2017 brides and your dear FIs! 

Post # 11
2967 posts
Sugar bee

Guys it’s almost only 2 years away! 760 days to go for me! How many more days do yall got?

Post # 12
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - Sea Cider

sumshine.dawn:  739 for me!

extra bonus excitement: we got our contract for our photographer today (locking in that 2015 rate!), and in 10 days, we’ll be off on our Engagement Moon! hooray!

Post # 13
2967 posts
Sugar bee

havenspartyof2:  we got our wedding planner locked. There was another bride out there with my date trying to get her. I’m like nope. Mine!!!

Post # 14
10 posts
Newbee

Not an August 2017 bride, but most likely an October or November 2017 bride (we’re still trying to settle on an exact date) – and hearing that you guys have already started booking is making me nervous, haha! I thought I had plenty of time, but it looks like I’ll have to start planning in the next few months. Especially because one photographer I had my eye on books two years in advance…

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2016

August 2017 here! Going to look at a venue today! Hopefully we will book a venue soon and get things moving!

I am in nursing school, so that’s why we decided to wait until after my graduation. It will be worth it in the long run. Until then, I have a lot of time to browse pinterest! 

So far, we have only done a few engagement shots. I also wanted to get more done in Fall for a change of scenery.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors