(Closed) Any Boston July 2010 Brides???

posted 9 years ago in Boston
Post # 3
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I love Boston in July! 🙂 Are you doing it in the city or outside the city?

Post # 5
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I am a July 2009 bride. I think its a great time to get married in Boston!!!

Post # 7
329 posts
Helper bee

Yup, getting married downtown Boston 🙂 A definite do is to bargain–I kinda figured as I started this process that in a city like Boston, prices were non-negotiable. But as soon as I tried it worked! Got the DJ to come down a bit, florist to meet my budget, and many potential ceremony musicians dropped their prices. It never hurts to say that you really like them, but unfortunately your budget is X and see what happens.

Another do is look for musicians and photogs through colleges. We put out ads through Berklee, Boston Conservatory and New England School of Photography and got TONS of responses from both students and alumni. Our photographers are recent grads of NESOP and totally great, and given they are looking to build repertoire the price is a bargain and they are super enthusiastic.

Where are you in the planning process?

Post # 9
329 posts
Helper bee

Wow I am super impressed how much you’ve booked! We had a year and a half engagement, and I think one of the perks is that you get stuff done early, so things are less stressful closer to the date. Five months out now, we only really have invites and the little details and stress is super low

Post # 11
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I’m loving my long term stress free engagement.  It was pretty necessary for us because I am not on the east coast right now for a few months due to work but in the end it’s totally going to be worth it.

Katrinab – your attitude is exactly how I want to feel when I’m 5 months away from my wedding. Congrats!

The topic ‘Any Boston July 2010 Brides???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors