Post # 1
Yep, I’m in the 2 month jog now and next month will be a sprint. Thankfully summers are fairly slow for me at my job. I’ll be using August to:
- find and buy my bridal jewelry/ accesories
- decide on a hair-do
- find another couple pairs of shoes (flats and perhaps some ivory ones- I have purple for now!)
- get fitted and dress cleaned (I bought a sample dress)
- have jr. bridesmaids and flower girl dresses made
- finalize and create ceremony programs
- choreograph a reception dance- fun fun fun!
- put together boxes for favors
- finish designing and creating my unique place-cards and background
- finalize things with the florist
- sign contract with videographer (waited for the last minute)
- find jewelry for bridal party
- get out all the “must play” songs to the DJ
- choose all the necessary songs
- choose a musician for the ceremony
- Get people moving with the RSVP’s (some people are slackers! I don’t care if it’s early- I need to make a seating chart!)
- and I’m sure a million other things.
man I’m getting a bit overwhelmed just thinking about it.
What do you all have left to do?
Post # 3
Hi! My list of to dos is pretty similar to yours. I still need to:
- Get Jewelry and other accessories for wedding day (have shoes but might look for another pair)
- fittings for dress (being made)
- finalize stuff with florist
- ceremony – everything – write vows, discuss ceremony with officiants, music…
- hair/makeup trial
- sending invites out this week
- finish bridesmaids gifts and pick out hostess gifts
- get garter set
- OOT bags (can’t do yet, I have no idea how many OOtowners I have coming)
- toasting flutes/ cake server set
I’m sure I have tons left to do, just can’t think of more right now.
Post # 4
Oh my goodness! I’m freaking out reading these! I’m getting married 9/26 and I’m freaking about getting it all done. I’ve been so mellow up until now…the last 2 weeks have been stressful…oh well, I’m sure it’ll all get done eventually! The list is too long to list on here! I think I’m behind….
Post # 5
I still have a long to-do list myself, but it’s most detail type stuff. I have a big exam on 8/25, so after that it’s all wedding planning 🙂 (other than work of course haha!)
Post # 6
Hi all! I’ve been reading Wedddingbee for months but never check out the boards! I was so excited to find the month twins section.
I am a September 26 bride and, for all the rest of you month/day twins, today marks the 50 day mark!!
I still have quite a to-do list. Is it just me or do the rest of you feel like, between now and the big day, you will literally be working on/ thinking about/ doing something EVERY SINGLE DAY for the wedding! Ok, maybe that’s just me starting to freak out a little…
Post # 7
Here’s what I have!
- Meet up with vendors at the venue to go over remaining details.
- Pick my bridal make-up
- Get undergarments and shoes (hoping to knock this out this weekend)
- Work on seating chart and escort cards
- Buy one more thing for the girls and the parents gifts
- Finalize the playlists
- Get our rings cleaned before the end of the month
- Send in final balances to vendors.
- Pick which cookies, cupcakes and pies we’ll be having for our dessert table.
- Finalize ceremony
I think those are the major things!
Post # 8
I’m a 9/26 bride! Here’s what I have left:
– Finalize our seating charts and favor tags.
– Confirm everything with all our vendors (approx. 2-3 weeks before)
– Get my dress altered (appointment in a week!)
– Pick up my FI’s suit from alterations.
– Finalize ceremony with our officiant (she let us customize one with her).
– Finalize playlists and volume normalize our songs in iTunes (iPod wedding).
– Box up all our supplies and ship them to NY (we live in Chicago, getting married in NY).
– Buy our candy bar candy, snacks for OOT bags.
That’s pretty much it! We’ll be doing our final venue walkthrough the Wednesday before (when we land in NY) and assembling OOT bags in NY as well.
Post # 9
OK, A few checks off the list and a crazy sleepless past week:
-designed table seating cards (they’re gonna be fun and original)
-gave dress to seamstress to create bustle and fix any issues (sample sale dress)
-got makeup trial- makeup artist is fabulous…but was late
-picked up wedding band (UBER EXCITED)
-signed contract and sent deposit to videographer
ok, let’s see how productive we can make this week…. and the saga continues. I’m glad I’m not the only one!
– I still need to book transportation- Limos… “getaway car”….
Post # 10
I’m afraid of making a list… so many details!
Post # 11
The major things I have left…
- Confirm ceremony music
- Get items for OOT bags and assemble (can’t do til week of since we don’t live several hours away from where we are getting married)
- Assemble favors (again, a week-of-wedding event)
- Pick up wedding bands
- Pick up dress (it’s ready!)
- Print programs and place cards
- Create seating assignments
- Order cake topper
- Buy frames for table numbers; print pictures for table numbers
- Buy my parents a gift…a few little things more for the girls
Those are the biggest things I can think of at this point. The project(s) I want to tackle this week are the programs and place cards.
Good luck to everyone with all the “last minute” details! Seven weeks to go!
Post # 12
I am also 9/26/09! I can’t believe it’s so close.
My “Left to do” List looks pretty much like everyone else’s. We are good
My mantra is: Finalize, finalize, finalize!
Post # 13
Alright ladies! We’re down to less than a month!! Any updates? I’ve been able to do quite a bit, and in the next couple of days, I plan on knocking out some more. Here’s what I’ve done:
-Picked up dress from seamstress and dropped off to get cleaned
-bought jewelry for myself and bridal party
-purchased tuxedos for ring bearer and mini-groom (wierd I know, but it’s cute)
-picked up last of materials for DIY stuff- hopefully
-had a few get-togethers to do DIY stuff
-pick up floor plan from banquet manager
Today and TOMORROW:
– visit Limo place and book limo
-do more DIY with bridal party
-shop for flat dancing shoes
-apply for marriage license
-speak with financial consultant as a couple
Still need to:
buy gifts for parents & helpers, send out info about rehearsal dinner, make various appointments for grooming, finish programs, finalize makeup artist schedule, finalize music, finalize schedule for photog & video, meet with pastor once more, finalize ceremony….. finalize with florist….who knows, probably tons more
Post # 14
Three weeks to go! I’ve been checking things left and right off my list. The FI has been so helpful with the last little details. This week, we:
- Finished our programs
- Created our escort cards
- Made our table numbers (doing the finishing touches tonight!)
- Made, printed, cut water bottle labels
- Stalked our missing RSVPs (only missing 3 responses now!)
Let to do:
- Pick up my dress (it’s ready, but I’ve just been too busy to get it!)
- Buy gifts for the flower girl and my parents
- Print OOT map and write a welcome letter
- Buy a few other misc. items for the day-of
Other than that, I’m feeling pretty good! Work is super busy right now which is probably a good thing (keeps my mind pre-occupied).
How is everyone else doing? Honestly, I’m not super stressed- I’m really excited for the day to get here!
Post # 15
16 days away!
All I have left to do is..
1) Try on gown one final time
2) Buy ring bearer and flower girl gifts
3) Buy my parents a thank you gift
4) Pick up rental items.
5) Print wedding programs.
I think that’s it!
Post # 16
WHOA! 1 WEEK LADIES…. ONE WEEK