(Closed) Any December 29, 2012's??

posted 5 years ago in December 2012
Post # 3
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I am getting married on 12/29/12. We picked this day because I was able to take the maximum days off work between christmas and after new years 🙂 Also I wanted a small wedding and getting married 4 days after christmas limites the amount of people that can travel.

Post # 4
356 posts
Helper bee

We are 12/29/12 as well! We are having a DW in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic so hoping for lots of sunshine! Our date was chosen for us in that we knew when we could travel and then it was up to the resort to tell us what they had available! We are going to hold an At Home Reception in February. 

How are everyones plans coming?

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee

I’m December 29th as well! I actually thought it would be a good date because people are usually coming home from Christmas break and winding down to get back to school, life, etc. 

Post # 6
269 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married also on 12/29/12! Many of our friends have moved away and only come home for Christmas. We figured this would be easier on everyone. I hope it snows a little. 🙂 We’re also trying to stay very far away from a Christmas theme and doing a peacock theme instead.

Post # 7
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Another date twin here! We picked this date because we could get off of school/work the following week for a honeymoon. Our venue will still be decorated for Christmas (I.e. large tree in lobby), but our wedding decor isn’t Christmas-y. Hoping for snow though…amazing pictures!

Post # 8
71 posts
Worker bee

Date twin as well! Getting married on Oahu, where my fiance and I are studying. So its local for us, destination for EVERYONE else.. but everyone wants an excuse to come to Hawaii, Right? Picked the date because we wanted it to be on Saturday and it was the best time for FPIL to fly out here because of work schedules (they’re international) and just seemed to work – we didn’t want to wait another 6 months for summer (school breaks are impossible to schedule around..)

Post # 9
287 posts
Helper bee

Heeey ladies!!! i’m 12-29 ALSO!!! we’re steering away from the xmas theme. pine, ornaments, snowflakes BANNED. but our colors are darker.

Post # 10
59 posts
Worker bee

@asc23:  December 29er here! 😀 

It’s funny that you say it, because I’m trying to incorporate the Christmas decorations in my wedding! 🙂 My fiance and I just love Christmas, I guess. 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We’re doing 12/29/12 too! We live in Miami and have some immediate family coming from NY who are teachers/students with different school schedules, so we needed a date where we knew everyone definitely had off at the same time.

I must say: I LOVE THIS WEDDING DATE. I think it is incredibly romantic to celebrate your anniversary every year right before NYE– you’re celebrating and reflecting on the close of another year married, and looking forward to the next! Perfection!

And it makes for a great vacation week for your anniversary– avoid the post Christmas blues…

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee

yay me too!!!!! parties left and right!! thanksgiving, christmas, WEDDING, and new year!!!! woohoo!!! 😀 Congrats to all you ladies!!! i’m also in miami and with that said our theme is a winter wonderland theme…in south florida lol!

xo!

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

Hello ladies I am also sharing the 12/29 date!  We just got engaged and wanted to coordinate with family coming in for the holidays.  We must be crazy.  Lol

Post # 14
119 posts
Blushing bee

Another 12/29/12 bride here! We chose the date because it falls between Christmas and New Years and we both work for colleges, so we usually have the time off already. I’m so excited it’s coming up so soon!!!

The topic ‘Any December 29, 2012's??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors