(Closed) Any Ella 5434 Brides here?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I don’t have this dress. but I also have an ella. the corsets are amazing and the price us even better πŸ™‚

Post # 4
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi there! I almost got that dress, but chose another one in the end πŸ™‚ It’s really pretty, I love how the material falls, particularly from the jewelled/embroidered part on the hips. I think a sash would actually disrupt the beautiful pleats on the dress. Here are some pictures of me in it:

Post # 5
42 posts
Newbee

Wow that dress is gorgeous πŸ™‚ I agree, no sash. It looks like a perfect choice though.

Post # 6
178 posts
Blushing bee

that is so so pretty! I went with a different ella dress i wish i could of tried this one on!

Post # 8
353 posts
Helper bee

@Firie: Hi again – thank you for your nice comments πŸ™‚ It’s true the fabric looks a bit weird in the photos. The lightining in the shop was really bad which is probably why! All the photos I took there were either blurred or strange looking! (at least they allowed photos though, not many shops do!) Having said that, I’m wondering… The dress description says it’s taffeta but the one I tried on was a lot more like satin. What was the one you tried like?

As for what your sister said: don’t listen to her at all! Because you’re the bride, you can get away with wearing the most extravagant dress ever, regardless of the formality of the event. Have you ever been to a wedding where you thought the bride was overdressed? I haven’t πŸ™‚ Every bride is beautiful in her own way because she’s happy and radiant πŸ™‚

I’m having a small ceremony with 30-40 people in a very English setting but I still got my dream dress which includes a train and a chapel length lace veil (one of those Spanish mantilla veils)! Maybe it doesn’t “match” the venue but I know the dress and veil are going to look stunning nontheless. I’m not letting the venue dictate what I think a bride should look like πŸ™‚ So you’ll be fine!!! Besides, I don’t think this Ella dress is the most flamboyant or formal dress. As you say, it’s more bridal. You’ll look fabulous πŸ™‚

Post # 10
353 posts
Helper bee

How weird, I am really starting to wonder about the shop! The material was definitely quite thin compared to most satins or taffeta. Somehow the whole place seemed a little dodgy and unusual. Maybe I was trying on dresses that weren’t even originals but copies??! Or perhaps there is a different sample version? Who knows…

I totally agree with you that there is something fishy going on with the whole “you’re not allowed photos because of copyright” thing. I think it’s just that bridal shops don’t want us trying to find the dress elsewhere / finding a dress maker to make it cheaper.

Anyway, I hope you manage to feel more confident once you get some photos πŸ™‚ I’m sure you’ll look fantastic, it’s such a wonderful dress.

The topic ‘Any Ella 5434 Brides here?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors