Any July 2015 Brides?

posted 2 years ago in African-American
Post # 2
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

callen6933:  Yeess! July 4th. We are doing a destination wedding in Jamaica so everthing is pretty much being done by the resort, I’ve decided on my dress, looking at bridesmaid dresses. Trying to decide how I want my hair LOL. Still a toss up on wedding favors.

Post # 3
43 posts
Newbee

July 25th! We just sent out our save the dates last week (maybe that’s a bit early but our wedding is ‘semi’ destination). We’ve always known who our photographer would be, and actually took engagement photos way back in March. Venue has been booked since May which includes all catering. Booked the musicians and DJ already. Bought my dress. Right now looking at officiants in the area we are getting married at.

Feels like it was just 9 months to go and its already 8! Going by way too fast!

We also already did all of our gift registries, I hate shopping and just wanted to get it out of the way lol.

Post # 4
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

July here.  It’s a destination wedding – Bermuda – but not at a resort.  The resorts shut the party down at 10p or 11p depending on where you go, and we want the after party to go until at least 2am.  We are getting a beach permit and having the ceremony, reception, and after party on the beach.  I just came back from a planning trip there, so most of it is done.  Thanks to my planner – she is amazing.  Venue, caterer, music, entertainment, florist, etc. etc. are done.  Haven’t sent save the dates or invitation.  Will send invites in January – skipping the save the dates.  Don’t have a dress yet.

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee

Hey Ladies!!!

I’m a noob on the wedding bee and I’m also a July bride. July 17, 2015. So far I’ve picked colors and theme. I’ve ordered my dress, chosen the bridesmaid dresses, and chosen groom’s tux, groomsmen and Dads tuxes. We picked the host hotel for the room block and booked the shuttle. I’ve booked photographer,videographer and DJ. Ceremony and REception venues are booked and save the dates have been designed but not yet sent out.

Even though when I say it, people are like “Oh Wow you’ve done so much”I still feel like I’m so behind. I haven’t started any of my DIY stuff yet. Have you guys? How did you determine what Diys to do first?

Post # 7
105 posts
Blushing bee

callen6933:  me! July 17! So far I have my dress, dj, photographer, videographer, save the dates went out today, minister, bridesmaids are ordering dresses this week, honeymoon booked, hotel block reserved, venue supplies cake, registering this week. 

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee

Hey @Jaime1616 we’re date twins!!!!

Post # 9
151 posts
Blushing bee

I’m july 24th! I just got engaged December 20 so it is a really short engagement!  So far I have taken engagement pics, ordered save the dates, finished the guest list, booked the venue, booked a hotel block, booked a DJ and photographer, picked outbridesmaid dresses, created a mock centerpiece and today I found my dress! Ahh! It will be here so fast!

Post # 10
2151 posts
Buzzing bee

callen6933:  Yes! July 9th! We got engaged in September 2014. 

DONE:

• Dress ordered, still needs to come in and get alterations
  • Ceremony Venue (family backyard) 
  • Reception Venue (local restaurant) 
  • My e-ring, His wedding ring
  • My bouquet (my mom is taking care of it)
  • Music (my dad is a musician, his friends will do it and he’s arranging it)
  • Officiant (my dad will be the officiant) 

NOT DONE:

• My wedding band
  • Veil
  • Groom’s Suit & Shoes
  • Invitations (but I have them selected and am ordering them tomorrow)
  • My shoes
  • Photographer
  • Hair/Makeup for me
  • Chairs and Wedding Arch 
  • Vows/Ceremony writing
  • Marriage License 
  • Wedding Dress Fittings and Alterations
  • Hotel Bookings and Honeymoon Plans

Whew! I’m only having a 20 person wedding and I can’t believe how much work it is! I can’t imagine planning a huge event!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors