Any July 2018 brides/grooms?

posted 11 months ago in July 2018
Post # 2
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

We aren’t july, but are doing March 2018 after getting engaged in June. So we understand 🙂

Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2018

We chose July 28th. I was a little worried when we first got engaged(a year ago) because he has a big family, lots of friends and wanted a big wedding. 2 years is perfect for us because it gives us some breathing room(especially with our 4 kids).

Post # 4
9 posts
Newbee

I thought it was perfect amount of time. Now I’m having second thoughts, I just want to plan and plan as I’m so excited but can’t do much when its two years out! It’s all ideas for the next couple months! 

Post # 6
48 posts
Newbee

I am July 20th, 2018! We got engaged on July 7th of this year and we booked our venue last week (our location is very high-demand and books out quickly). So exciting!!

Post # 7
20 posts
Newbee

All my wedding plans changed and I am having my religious wedding on July 6th 2018 ! We will have had 2 ceremonies before that (registry/legal wedding and then another one – elopement just the 2 of us for the ring exchange and vows) and on Saturday the 7th we are planning a big themed celebration for 200 guests..

Initially we wanted to only elope and have the legal wedding there and have a celebration in Zanzibar for 60+ guests. Then the latter fell through as it was too difficult for people we really wanted there (like the 80 years old grandma, the children etc). So we settled on having a tiny a religious ceremony for 20 people in the city we got engaged in when we come back. But it was really difficult for me because there were so many people I love and couldn’t include..

I realised that May 2017 was going to be our 5th anniversary and how much of a hassle having all the legal proceedings happen during our elopment so I put forward the idea of having an intimate registry wedding in London for our closest family members + witnesses.

My fiance agreed but did NOT want to exchange vows/rings in front of an audience so we kept that for the elopment already planned.

We are both from different faiths and because the registry is such a small wedding (30 guests only and boy was it tough to make the guest list) and only city hall + restaurant, we decided to have an interfaith ceremony where I am from with our closest friends and family (60 guests, the perfect amount for us and we will have the entire wedding experience). However I have a large family (80 people on my father’s side), a lot of family friends who I adore (50 people), a lot of friends as well who I really want to celebrate with so on the Saturday (religious wedding is on Friday) we will be hosting a buffet style reception not fancy but hopefully fun and I will get to see everyone.

I know it is crazy but we just couldn’t fanthom doing the religious wedding that I wanted (aka beautiful estate, paying accommodation for all the guests, open bar, party until 6am+ no problem, 2h canapes reception followed by a multi course seated dinner etc) with 200 guests.

I know having 2 weddings + 1 ring exchange/blessing/vow + 1 celebration sounds crazy but it was the only way for us to keep cost down and to still be able to celebrate with everyone and truly have the people we both love and want there.

Fingers crossed it works out ! 

I am visiting and hopefully putting depost at the end of the month for both of our venues of choice (which tend to be booked 24 months in advance). I already have the photographers/videographers for those (1 local photographer and the other photo/video will follow us through all those events). My guests list for the religious ceremony is also set. I am looking forward booking the venue (which is a hotel with a restaurant which will provide the catering), the photographer and the florist as those are the 3 main important thing for me.

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee

We are also July 28th 2018! Got engaged July 28th of this year 🙂 I was a little worried at first that it seemed like a long time away but if you can believe it, the date we originally wanted (one week earlier) was already taken! We put our deposit down this Friday. Time has already gone by so quickly so I’m relieved now that we selected 2018. Happy planning!!

Post # 9
10 posts
Newbee

We’re July 14th 2018! Haven’t booked anything yet…most likely next month. So happy to finally say “we get married next year!” Got engaged January 1, 2016.

Post # 10
38 posts
Newbee

We are July 28, 2018! We didn’t originally want such a long engagement, but we are expats and both of our families need to travel to us. So we wanted to give everyone a ton of advance notice. And we got my dream venue as a result, which was fully booked for 2017!!

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

vickirut :  Woo! We are also July 28th! Good luck in the planning process. 🙂

Post # 12
38 posts
Newbee

saucyclinton :  you too! I am very type A so we already have the venue, caterer, florist photographer, photobooth and guest shuttle/transportation. Everyone is laughing because I’m going to run out of things to plan at this rate. Have fun planning!!!

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hi all I’m new, we getting married July 20

Post # 15
91 posts
Worker bee

I agree! We got engaged in September and I thought we would do it this summer since I didn’t want a long engagement. FI convinced me to wait and save to get the wedding we want. Boy, am I sure glad he had the right idea! We are getting married July 25th. The thought of the wedding being so so close and less than a year to plan sounds insane right now. Good on people who can do it, but not us. So far everything has been so relaxed and decision making is actually fun! We have about 90% already booked, so now we just need to wait to do more finer details and start saving money. Have fun planning! 🙂

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors