Any June 22nd, 2014 brides out there?

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m Sat June 21st so close!! Is it hard planning a wedding on a Sunday? Is it a Morning/ early day wedding? I have so much to do too! I’m working on Centerpieces and decor right now

Post # 4
686 posts
Busy bee

@mademoisellesacha:  I’m June 22!!! Yay!! 🙂 Date twin! I didn’t think I’d find one since it’s a Sunday. 

Totally feel you on the SO MUCH TO DO thing. And yet somehow, I feel like “we still have time” and I’ve kind of hit a slump. =/ Anyone else feel like this? I’m waiting on hearing back from some people, and there are a couple of things I just NEED to do and haven’t. Some things are as simple as calling up my cousin (a concert pianist) and asking him to play music for our ceremony. I’m like 99% sure he’ll say yes, but we haven’t finalized what songs we want yet, and I know I could ask him without knowing, but I just… haven’t! Sorry for the ramble!

Being a full-time student–must be hard! I work full time but I remember how tough it was to find time to do anything when I was a full-time student and working part time. I didn’t even eat at normal times!

Post # 6
686 posts
Busy bee

@mademoisellesacha:  That’s so convenient that your venue has most things taken care of. Mine is very much an empty slate, which is great for saving money with DIY, but a lot more effort, and I feel like I don’t have “enough.” There is an event coordinator there who will supposedly help with a lot of the set up and running the reception the day of (our ceremony is at a church and I have a separate coordinator for that), but I’m still nervous. I’m planning long-distance and it’s hard for me to visualize how everything will come together.

I’m working on paper stuff and signage now, too! We are bringing in our own chalkboards, so I’m getting some frames from thift stores and making them myself. Well, I actually only have two frames so far. I have a list of several more I need but I have to find the perfect frames, first!

The candy bar sounds like so much fun and not too hard to pull off! Our caterer is doing a dessert bar for us, of sorts. We get to choose three or four desserts and he will display them. Speaking of which, I need to finalize the menu… ahhh…

Our photographer is a friend of mine–she’s a great photographer but is not a wedding photographer, per se, so that makes me a *tad* nervous. I have total confidence that she will get great portraits and detail shots, though. I need to schedule a meeting with her so we can discuss timeline. 

Flowers… sigh. I had major sticker shock with flowers and the best deal we could get was still above our estimated budget, so we had to take from other areas to cover that. Now I feel like I don’t have much to work with for other decor, but hoping for some great thrift store finds to help that out. I’ve been traveling the last few weekends so I feel a little behind on that. 

You sound like you’re right on track even if you did start later! Do you have a theme for your wedding? What kind of venue is it?

Post # 7
159 posts
Blushing bee

Fellow date twin! We wanted a late June wedding but the Saturdays were taken so here we are. Almost all of the “big” things are taken care of except for the cake. I’m getting so excited!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors