(Closed) Any Justin Alexander 8558 Brides?!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Have you found ANY pictures or info on this dress? (btw price is about 2100 once tax is included at least here in Indiana) I really want to see pics of this on a “real bride” or up close pics of the fabric.  Any luck? Thanks!

Post # 4
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@courtneyrochelle32:

I tried this dress on a few weeks ago.  The detail of the lace is really gorgeous. It’s a very unique “cafe” color.  I don’t have any close-ups, but here are a couple of photos that I do have. It’s on my short list of dresses…but no decision yet.  ๐Ÿ™‚  Thoughts?  

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

@jennyfe43

I ended up ordering this dress without seeing because i loved it so much.  A bridal store in NY sent me a fabric sample.  However, I still hadn’t seen it on a “real” bride.  Thank you SO much for posting pics.  You look STUNNING!!!  However, seeing it makes me rethink our colors.  We are having a vintage inspired wedding using ivory, peach, and charcoal gray.  Do you think this works well? The color i ordered is the one you are wearing.  Thanks again.

Post # 6
1013 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

OMG I love this dress!!!! This is now on my list!!!

Post # 7
1013 posts
Bumble bee

Anyone else with pics of this dress??

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I just bought the JA 8558.. and here’s a picture of me in it!

So I’m not tall enough for the dress and I admit I was standing on a stool in this photo ;-), so I’ll have to get the length altered… but I loved it the minute it was on, and didn’t even try on any other dresses!

The bodice, however, fit perfectly, so no alterations needed there… just a little tighter on the hips and shorten the length.. and I should be good!

I got it in the ‘Oyster/Ivory’ (called ‘Cafe/Ivory’ too at some places). The satin below the lace is slightly darker with tones of coffee and grey, but with my dark skin tone I didn’t pick up any of the colors. It looked Ivory, but the lace stood out just that much more.

Let me know what you all think!!

Post # 9
1013 posts
Bumble bee

OMG I am in love with that dress!!!! It looks amazing on you!!!!

Post # 10
1013 posts
Bumble bee

@TheDancingBookworm: If you dont mind me asking what did u pay? I love how it looks on you!!! I need to try on this dress asap lol

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee

@nycbrde2011: Not at all! I paid about $2400 (inclusive of taxes) for this.. I took the floor sample (my wedding is on 26 Nov 2011, and almost all stores said I was too late to order a dress!) and so I got a 15% discount on the actual price. It was still a little pricey, but I loved it so much I just got it!

Post # 12
11 posts
Newbee

I just tried on this dress and am in LOVE! I tried the Ivory/Oyster color of it which is just gorgeous. The Oyster color underneath allows for the lace to stand out even more! The lace looks knitted, and is a really big look that is coming out. You are going to want to be very careful with this dress if it is your own as the lace can tear very easily, a very delicate dress!

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee

I LOVE this dress! I saw it in a magazine and ordered it. Haven’t even tried it on! It so BEAUTIFUL! I got the ivory oyster color as well. The price in the mag was $1999 but I found it for $1600 before tax. Delivery is late January, early February. I’m so excited! Both ladies above look AWESOME in the dress. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
6 posts
Newbee

Hi brides, 

I also just bought Justin Alexander 8558 in the UK. Fell in love with it. I’m also having a vintage-themed wedding. The dress is just lovely and really suits us curvaceous girlies!

I’ve included a picture of me in the dress – albeit squeezed into a size 8! I’ve not yet seen the original belt for the dress (the shop ordered it in for me specially for a designer day but it came minus the belt), so I hope that the belt is as beautiful as it appears to be in the pictures above. 

Lesley x

Glasgow, Scotland 

Post # 16
3 posts
Wannabee

@LesleyDickson:

Hi Lesley,

I can almost promise you that you’ll love the belt.. it brings out the beauty of the dress in the most perfect way. Here’s a pic of me on my wedding day where you can see the belt up close…

๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Any Justin Alexander 8558 Brides?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors