Any month twins worried about weather?! Oct 2014 brides!

posted 3 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@SimplyEuphoric:  Being an October 2013 bride, and seeing all the posts from girls that had their weddings last month, I think you’ll see that we were all INCREDIBLY pleased with how the weather turned out. Don’t let that stress you out! It will be fabulous regardless :]

Post # 4
2087 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@SimplyEuphoric:  It could be worse- you could be having an October wedding in ENGLAND like me haha!! The way I think about it is this: there are certain things you can and can’t control. No amount of stressing will affect the weather so I focus my stressing elsewhere like picking BM dresses for girls of opposite body types! Just make sure you have a plan B if the weather is rubbish. In the UK a summer wedding is by no means a guarantee if summer weather so really whatever date I chose was going to be a gamble!! 

Post # 5
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

@SimplyEuphoric:  Our october wedding will be in Nebraska….they normally have pretty mild October weaher….so since most of our stuff will be all in doors and close together….(as far as location in town)….I am not too stressed about it! But it is a worry about ICE if any happens from early storms….since we have many older relatives….but ill be more stressed out about that in ohh 9 months lol!

Post # 6
431 posts
Helper bee

It was beautiful here during October which mad eme super excited but its also right in the middle of hurricane season.  2 years ago there was a hurricane on first weekend of October.  If it happens, it happens there isn’t much I can do about it, just hopefully we don’t lose power!  You can’t control the weather, so don’t stress about it!  Unless you’re having a super long ceremony, it probably won’t be too cold to tolerate having the ceremony outdoors!  

Post # 7
3340 posts
Sugar bee

Ours was October 4th and it was a freak heatwave so it was over 80 degrees! You just never know…. but I would have rather had it a little hot than freezing! I chose to not let myself worry about weather until I could see it on the extended forecast. But even then, they were forecasting thunderstorms and it ended up not raining at all! I think in October you have a really good chance of nice weather 🙂

Post # 8
84 posts
Worker bee

@SimplyEuphoric:  Michigan bride here too, 5 days before your date. Weather is an issue any month of there year here though. Even a May bride could have her parade rained on. In our case though it could get pretty cold. Best we can do is get everyone to pray for good weather for the next year LOL. My ceremony and reception are both outside. It is sure to be not nearly as pretty if i have to tent the ceremony in addition to the reception. And for me photos don’t look good anywhere other then outside so if its raining i’m screwed haha. A few pictures running around in the rain will be fun sure, but not all of them.

So get praying 🙂

Post # 9
409 posts
Helper bee

I looked at the weather every day this october with a bit of worry.  I’m in Dallas, and it was anywhere from near 90 to the low 50’s.  We had rain, sunshine, clouds, wind.  Amazing days, ugly days and all ONE day apart!  I’m going to cross my fingers, rent a tent and have plans for misters and heaters.  Hopefully, we’ll enjoy it no matter what we do. 

Post # 10
Hostess
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

We chose October HOPING for colder weather. It’s easy to warm up, but harder to cool off.

But, October 31st is NORMALLY 60’s here… but last year [2012] it was 92! Holy crap!

Post # 11
236 posts
Helper bee

Me! But I’d be concerned about the weather no matter which month I picked to be honest. You just never know! We’ll see what happens!

Post # 12
1023 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@SimplyEuphoric:  Mine is 10/25/14 in Minnesota…..it could be as high as 75ish…..or low enough to have snow. When I was little we had a snowstorm on Halloween that was a couple feet. It semi-makes me nervous, BUT it’s probably going to all be inside anyways 🙂 We will see what the weather holds for us.

Post # 13
739 posts
Busy bee

@linnylou_88:  exactly the right attitude! 

My October 19th wedding this year was overcast and chilly. The rain held out until around 9pm, when we were all under the tent (with side panels and heat!) so it didn’t matter in the least. DH and I say we had the best of both worlds: no rain during pictures or ceremony, and rain during the reception so we got our “good luck”. Honestly I didn’t stress over it. Only twice do I remember checking the weather in the week leading up to my wedding, and once on my actual wedding day did I glance to the cloudy sky and think to myself ‘I hope we get to have our ceremony outside.’ The weather should be the least of your worries, only because you have no control. Best of luck Bees! 

Post # 14
455 posts
Helper bee

I am a little, hurricane season has been a bitch these last few years for NY as NJ, with Sandy and Irene doing crazy damage. I’m just going to hope for the best. October is a great fall month regarding temp. Let’s just hope it works out well for all of us!

Post # 15
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Not worrying about it at all! Weather happens in some way year round (snow, rain, heat) so I’m not stressing over it. I have an indoor backup plan just in case, so I don’t need to think about it until the week before!

Don’t stress!!

Post # 16
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

@SimplyEuphoric:  Hi date twin! I just checked the weather for the past 5 years, and it’s only rained once in our zip code. 20% chance with limited data, not bad! 

We go to rain plan at 30% or higher 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors