Any Mori Lee 1653 Brides out there ?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1 posts
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Rosey! I don’t have my wedding pictures back yet, but I have my mini 4 min. wedding video back from our videographer. You can see what I went with for my accesories that day and how the dress looks in person. I originally was leaning towards the Adorae by Sottero and Migdley, but this dress was so different and unique and screamed elegance to me. I also wanted something that you didn’t see everyday! I actually had the dress changed from corset back to zipper back which was a lot of work, but the seamstress did amazing work.

I went with an elbow veil because I am short with edge rhinestones and my earrings kind of matched a broach I decided to put in my hair. My earrings I went with were chandeliers because a necklace would’ve been a bit much. I also was never a fan of flowers in the hair and wanted to go with something more elegant that looked good with the dress and my earrings. Really I don’t think a flower would have gone with the beading at all.

I hope this helps! IfI get my photos in,I’ll repost them here on the board for you. And I wouldn’t worry. The dress was a hit at the wedding. Everyone loved it and kept saying how they had never seen a dress like that before. They also thought it was $$$$$ and designed by say a Reem Acra or someone famous when in reality it wasn’t really too too expensive, but it did have the look of Hollywood glam 🙂

Patrick + Joanne

Post # 5
3 posts
  • Wedding: October 2011

Here are a couple pictures from my wedding! It was Mori Lee 1653 in white.

Post # 6
19 posts
  • Wedding: March 2016

i have the mori lee 1653 sample i purchased and then gained weight.  i am now overflowing the bodice.  has anyone been successful letting this dress’s bodice out.  i know satin can be hard, showing original stitching.  any hope?  will shapewear help with back and front bodice overflow?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors