Any October 2014 brides *not* engaged yet?

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
478 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I understand your concerns and would think a proposal would need to come very, very soon if you would like that date! I think it depends on where you live and the type of wedding you are interested in. If you want something smaller and not so extravagant you may be able to plan something in a shorter amount of time. I know where I live things needed to be booked really quickly (As far as venue and certain vendors) well in advance.

I’m an October 2014 bride and have most of my big stuff booked. I also had planned on getting married that month and year before being engaged. But I will say this — don’t think too much about it! Once you see how outrageous prices can be you may even change your mind. I know I almost did.

Do you guys still talk about it? Maybe you could casually bring it up somehow.. Do you have any friends that are engaged? Maybe you could just mention their wedding planning process and tell him how much time you need to book vendors and dates.

Post # 4
478 posts
Helper bee

I just read your post again.. If he made those comments I’m sure it’s coming soon. I wouldn’t worry too much. I think as long as you have about a year you will be fine. 😉

Post # 5
1190 posts
Bumble bee

@Evanstobe:  my SO last night was mentioning a fall 2014 wedding last night. But… no ring yet. 

… seriously?! Do they want us to have heart attacks trying to plan a wedding in a short time frame?

Post # 6
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Evanstobe:  same here. I’m waiting for the official engagement. We’ve started making a lot of steps forward but i’m not doing anything official until he proposes. 

I have a feeling that he is waiting for November *fingers crossed*.

Post # 7
1157 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Evanstobe:  I’ve even made my first wedding-related purchase a few days ago. I am planning for a custom-made dress and I would love to have the shoes when I am measuring. The key to all of this is pre-planning.

Post # 8
212 posts
Helper bee

Yes! We’re hoping for the 4th or 11th of October and my SO is supposed to propose this month hopefully lol I really can’t start planning until he proposes BUT my pintrest board is full of ideas! I’m sure your SO will propose soon since he knows you want a fall wedding.

Post # 9
446 posts
Helper bee

@Evanstobe:  My SO and I have talked about an OCtober 2014 wedding. We talk about where it will be, started a guest list, etc… but I’m just waiting on that proposal. I believe it is coming soon. I think/hope before the new year. He has dropped slight hints that it will happen soon. I don’t want to ask any questions about it because I want to be completely surprised!

Post # 10
1103 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

You’ve got time! I booked a few things months ago but it’s been mostly sitting waiting for the one year or less mark to plan much else. I didn’t wanna get my dress more than one year out (have heard horror stories) and there was a lot of down time for everything else. Just have photographers and venue in mind soon, those book earliest. Get ideas now if you can. 

Post # 11
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

We started planning with 8 months to go, and so far haven’t had any problems with vendor availability or anything. Then again, our wedding is considered “winter”
You’ve got plenty of time.

Post # 12
212 posts
Helper bee

This might just be completely odd but am I the only one who sometimes clicks on the October 2014 wedding board and think “come on Love I’d like to start posting in this board now” lol

Post # 13
167 posts
Blushing bee

Me and the SO have talked about dates and decided September/October would be best. sometimes i get nervous because so many places are already booked up for the summer but hopefully it’ll be ok. My friend got engaged last NYE and was married by September and she didnt have any problems finding vendors so that gives me hope…I do wish he’d come on with it though.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors