(Closed) Any other 7/28/2013 brides?

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

yup! I’m getting married on that day. We actually had wanted to get married earlier, but as I’m a teacher, I decided to get married at the end of the school year in the summer.

Post # 4
324 posts
Helper bee

Oh! me too! me too!! We just booked the venue yesterday. So excited to actually start getting stuff done now. 

Probably would have done the saturday of the same weekend, but the sunday was cheaper, and the later in the summer, the better the weather gets where I live, hence why its not earlier in july.

Where is everyone else at in the planning stage? You guys have photog/caterer yet?

Post # 5
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

So many people getting married on my birthday. ;D

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on the 27th so not quite your date but close! We did look at a sunday wedding but decided it wasn’t really right for us because most of our family and friends would like to go to church on the Sunday :/ hate sorting out MY special day for EVERYONE ELSE hahaha.

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

Yes! 🙂  I’m getting married on 7/28/13 also!  I really wanted a Saturday, but the venue I had my heart set on, only had Sundays available.  My reception will end at 10:00, so hopefully it won’t be too late for anyone who has to work the next day. The majority of my guests live within an hour of the venue. Plus, my closest family and friends have already said they were taking off from work on Monday, so that alleviated some stress I had over the date. 

I’m deciding on a dress this week. I know it seems kind of late, but I just couldn’t decide!

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee

@ColoradoGirl:  Wow! I love how organized you are! You have inspired me to get a move on with things! This is such a busy time of year, but now I’m ready to get back into “bridal mode” So far we’ve….

1. Completed pre-marital classes

2. Booked church, reception venue, photographer, DJ

3. Bought my dress

4. Sent out save the dates

That’s really it so far, but I plan on doing a lot more in the next 2 months. After reading your list, I realized a few things I forgot about, so thank you for posting that-very helpful. When are you sending out your invites?

Post # 12
246 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married that day as welll!

1. Venue booked

2. Officiant booked

3. DJ booked, song list procured

4. Invitations picked but not purchased (etsy)

5. Dress picked but not purchased (etsy)

6. Guest list firm

7. Bridesmaids dresses picked 

8. Centerpieces started but not complete (mostly DIY), as well as most decor.

Working on:

1. registries

When are you guys sending your invites? Are any of you ‘b-listing’? 

Post # 14
246 posts
Helper bee

@ColoradoGirl:  Ah, okay! We’re aiming for 60 and contracted for 50. A lot of the guest list right now are people we’re inviting to save offending them or people that we really don’t think will end up making the drive (unfortunately mostly my SO’s extended family, but since they’re not paying for anything, I think it’s fairer to have it near mine). Most of them are only going to get invited if the people we really WANT there can’t make it.

Sending them out early because it’s a Sunday is a good idea! 

Post # 16
194 posts
Blushing bee

Can I join ur board lol! Our date is on a wed (weird I know) and you all are the closest to our date July 31!

The topic ‘Any other 7/28/2013 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors