Any other bees expecting a 2014 proposal?!?

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Ah that is exciting! Hope it goes well for you 😀 good luck!

Back in January I managed to convince myself that he’d probably propose by our 3rd anniversary (April) or maybe even sometime before that. As the year has gone on though… I don’t really think it’s likely, which is a bummer.

I’m still looking forward to that anni though ^^ and will probably raise my hopes a bit too high lol.

I’d be counting down the days till may if I were you! 😀

Post # 5
1931 posts
Buzzing bee

That’s our plan! He said we would start working on the CAD designs for the ring after I graduate in March and I just hope he won’t hang onto the finished ring for too long! I asked if he could pretty please propose by the end of 2014 and he agreed. 

Post # 7
60 posts
Worker bee

I’m hoping for July 2nd, 2014 on our 5 year dating anniversary! Seems so far away!! 🙁 

Luckily you’re before me… Less waiting time!!

Post # 8
81 posts
Worker bee

My SO has said christmas time this year…and said christmas time isn’t over until mid Jan haha so I may have a 2014 proposal. We have designed a ring together, met with the designer, and he has everything ready to go. When we met the designer, she said he will need to order Sept time. 

In a way, knowing roughly when is harder, as you literally count down the days! 

It gets a lot easier, and I’m pretty calm about it all now….but I was anything but calm a couple of moths a go haha!! Hopefully your SO will do it sooner to surprise you! 

Post # 10
1931 posts
Buzzing bee

@prettyinpink11:  I’m actually graduating two terms early after three years of busting my ass. My parents decided to cut my tuition fund off for my last year so I’m struggling to combine all of my classes so I don’t have to pay for three terms of tuition instead of one and a half term. 

We’re doing a split-shank cushion halo in ethically mined diamonds and a moissanite center stone, also cushion. We’re designing it together, we’ll be engaged for a while, and we decided to do a European private destination wedding (just us). 

Post # 12
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I might possibly have a 2014 proposal though I’m hoping for a late 2013, we’ll see!

Post # 13
81 posts
Worker bee

It’s a split shank with 4 prongs. Soooo pretty. I’m from the UK and most shops hsell only sell solitaires. wedding bee has ruined me, and I wanted a more in your face designed, so have ended up having one designed. 

What kind of ring do you want?

Post # 15
1931 posts
Buzzing bee

@prettyinpink11:  It’s all or nothing with us- we either have a 150 person guest list or nothing. The problem with having immediate family is that my SO’s family has a LOT of drama that they wouldn’t be able to put aside just for one day. 

So we’re just doing our own thing and then having a party when we get back. We’re also sending out beautiful wedding announcements after we get back. With a big wedding at home, I wouldn’t have been able to stay in a nice hotel, my dress wouldn’t have been as nice, nor the bouquet, nor the photographer. So with the destination wedding, I get everything I wanted about the big wedding minus the drama and expense. 

Post # 16
60 posts
Worker bee

@prettyinpink11:  we bought a diamond and it’s currently on layaway to be paid off June 2014 so I just feel like it’ll be then. And I actually really hope it is.. Fingers crossed! We are making a setting next May too!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors