(Closed) Any other December 2014 brides?

posted 6 years ago in December 2014
Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Hi. I’m going to be a 12/13/14 bride!

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Hi! We’ve been considering dates in Sept. 2014 – Dec. 2014 and we finally settled on Dec. 19, 2014! We are waiting so long because we will be paying for everything ourselves and I’m waiting until after I finish school. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee

We might be changing our date. I like our 12/13/14 planned date but after talking with a few venues that are already booked for that date we might switch it with another Saturday or Sunday. I wasn’t planning on booking our venue until sometime next year like summer or fall and I think that if we wait that long we probably won’t be able to get 12/13/14 since it seems to be really popular already. My FMIL also mentioned that vendors may be charging more for their services on that date due to the high demand. I’m not sure about that but all things considered we will probably be going with a different day.

I was thinking about Saturday the 20th but my mom thinks that it’s too close to Christmas. My FMIL said not to go with Saturday the 27th because everyone will be tired and broke from Christmas. So that leaves Saturday the 6th as my mom’s and my FMIL’s top choice. My top pick is still Saturday the 20th though. I like the date and I like the fact that it’s close to Christmas. Who doesn’t love Christmas?!

Do any of you ladies think that a wedding on 12/20 would be a problem for people?

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee

That’s basically how I was thinking too. Personally I think that the 24th would be too close to xmas and maybe even the 23rd too. I think that we’ll be okay with the 20th. Especially if we give everyone enough notice so that they can plan accordingly.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

I am 12/22/14! Has anyone else gotten flak from family for your date?

Post # 11
45 posts
Newbee

I’m a 12/6/14 bride Smile

I love the 12/13/14 date, but parents and FI thought it was too close to christmas for our relatives that fly south for the winter….dang

Post # 12
16 posts
Newbee

hey all, I’m a 12/28 bride πŸ˜€

Post # 13
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

i’m 12/6/14 πŸ™‚

Post # 14
704 posts
Busy bee

i’m a 12/13/14 bride! yes, the date seems to be pretty popular. we’ve booked the church and reception venue for that reason. congrats to all my fellow december 2014 brides! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
45 posts
Newbee

im a 12/6/14 bride πŸ™‚

Have you guys done any planning yet?

Post # 16
704 posts
Busy bee

okay, changed my date from 12/13/14 to 12/20 and we are so excited!

@eahop4:  we have already booked a reception venue, church (with the church we have a pastor and a soloist for our ceremony). aside from that, we are still tossing around lots of color/theme ideas. how about you? 

The topic ‘Any other December 2014 brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors