(Closed) Any other Friday brides? 10/4/13 :)

posted 5 years ago in October 2013
  • poll: How do you feel about a Friday wedding (vs. Saturday)?
    Doesn't matter! As long as you are happy, your guests will be happy too :) : (21 votes)
    49 %
    A bit of a challenge for some guests, but overall there is no difference! : (17 votes)
    40 %
    Saturday weddings are so much better in every way! : (5 votes)
    12 %
  • Post # 3
    140 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

this is our wedding day as well!!!  the place that we are getting married at only do outside ceremonys on fridays and sundays during the golf season.. i have heard from alot of people that Fridays are the new thing.. and as long as you do save the dates and give people enough time to move there schedule around it will work… everyone tells me that the people that want to be there will move everything around and make it work  and those are the people that i want at our wedding!!!

Post # 4
    310 posts
    Helper bee

My wedding is on a friday. We are having it at 5pm. Im happy with my date 🙂

Post # 5
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

It’s your wedding day have it when you want, but I have to say I think a Saturday wedding is better because people work on the weekday, so you have deal with that. But if they know when  the wedding is in advance then they shouldn’t have a problem taking that day off.

Post # 7
    14 posts
    Newbee

We’re going for October 4th as well.  After all the trouble my man went through to propose on our anniversary, I couldn’t resist us getting married on 10/4.  We could have waited until 2014, but he didn’t want to wait that long, so 2013 it is.  We’ll say “I do” exactly 5 years after our first date.  I think some people might have to plan ahead, but I don’t think any of our guests will not be able to make it *because* it’s a Friday.  We’re having a long engagement so between save the dates and word of mouth, hopefully everyone will be able to plan ahead. 🙂

Hurrah for date twins!  We’re getting closer! 🙂

Post # 8
    276 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

we’re doing a friday wedding next june. much cheaper!

Post # 10
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Same situation here.  We had the perfect venue and all they had left was Friday evenings, so after we talked about it we decided to do it.  I sent the STD early so everyone can make arrangements to make it.  

Post # 11
    4 posts
    Wannabee

Our wedding is on a Friday and I can’t be happier. I always knew I wanted a Fall wedding in October so I asked my FI to pick the actual date. He chose the 11th and since in NYC Friday nights are synonomous with partying I know it will enhance the celebration we want to create. 

We are sending save the dates out Oct 2012 just to make sure people take the time off from work. 

Post # 12
    132 posts
    Blushing bee

We ended up going with a Friday as well. Our venue was SO much cheaper on a Friday night that we couldn’t resist. For just the reception venue and food we will be saving over $7k, and we expect additional savings in other areas too! 

Post # 13
    172 posts
    Blushing bee

Ours is 10/11/13! It’s the Friday leading into Columbus Day weekend. 4 DAY PARTY! It’s going to be fun!

Post # 14
    1134 posts
    Bumble bee

10/4/13 here as well! Super excited! We are fowarning our guests that it is a fri afternoon ceremony, and so far everyones been cool with it. It is much cheaper, and we know the family and friends we love would take off work for us!

Post # 15
    164 posts
    Blushing bee

I too am getting married on October 4th. I have family coming from out of town & since we live in a tourist area and are getting married during a beautiful season, we wanted our guests to be able to have Saturday to have fun before going home on Sunday! Everyone loves the idea, so we are super excited. Plus, like some of you all have said, we got a killer deal on our venue. Yay for friday weddings! 🙂

Post # 16
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

We are doing a Friday as well. The venue we chose offers a firemans discount.. My dad is a fireman so we got the discount but they only offer it on Fridays. 

For us though.. Most of our friends work on the weekends and a lot of our family does too. so no matter what day we chose it was going to interfere with someone’s schedule. We are sending out save the dates early and including the time that way people have plenty of notice. 

The topic ‘Any other Friday brides? 10/4/13 :)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors