(Closed) Any other July 2010 brides out there?

posted 9 years ago in July 2010
Post # 3
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m July 2009, but as someone halfway through the process, I have to say you’re lucky to be starting so early!!!  You can get the best photographer, venue, etc.  If you want to talk to someone else planning a long engagement HumarockBride is planning for 2010.    Welcome to the Hive!!

Post # 4
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010

We are getting married March 5, 2010 – and  we are 90% DONE! everything is planned, venue deposit down, photog picked, dress purchased, game plan down pat, and its sooo much better! We can focus on paying eveything off and go into 2010 w/ minimal worries!  I live by lists and planning, so I know my own limits, and I know for my own anxity level, it’s better I act now and let everythig fall into place next year!   

Post # 5
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Even later…August 2010! I’m personally loving it. Gives you so much extra time to plan with minimal stress!

Post # 6
732 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - The Tower Club

Yes! I’m a July 2010 bride. We’re teachers & prefer to do it in the summer. Since we are just barely engaged, this summer is too early so – voila! – July 2010. It’s great to have longer to save $$, too.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s never too early to start planning–especially since several of the venues I’ve called are already booked for a few weekends of that month. Add in the 9 months or so to get a dress made, and there you go! 

Post # 8
742 posts
Busy bee

I’m July 24, 2010!!!! We are getting married in Massachusetts!!

Post # 9
742 posts
Busy bee

We actually got engaged on July 3, 2010 and everyone I knew thought we were crazy for waiting two years! But I have found it sooo much less stressful!! We are just taking one thing at a time and booking it. We had the Church and Reception hall booked by August 2008.  Then we booked the photographer by December 2008. We booked our DJ in January 2009,  and we just booked our videographer in February 2009!  Next we are looking at limos! We wanted to book everything that required a person to be there so we would have the biggest selection and not come across someone we loved but couldnt use because they were already booked!

It’s nice having all the time cause you don’t have to do a million things at once! I love it! So if your crazy, I’m crazy! haha

Post # 10
113 posts
Blushing bee

I’m another teacher, too and that really made a difference when deciding on dates.  We had originally thought of June, but when none of the weekends worked out, we came to July!

We have our venue already becuase we want to get married in our college town.  It’s a popular choice for allumni, so we needed to start early!

Post # 11
99 posts
Worker bee

We are July 17, 2010, and I, too, am a teacher! We got engaged LAST christmas (December 2007) and wanted to wait until I was done with graduate school. I will graduate in September 2009, so July 2010 it is.

I started planning back when we got engaged, then threw all of those ideas out, now Im blending the original ideas with new ones. Aye aye aye. Its the worst, because Im an indecisive person, but I guess all this flip flopping will lead me to decisions that I really really love, I sure can take my time!

My FH thinks Im a little crazy every time (which is VERY VERY OFTEN) I bring up wedding stuff.  He’s a good sport, but tells me I wont remember any of this months from now, cause we’ve got so much time.

I think these things take time to plan, and everyone tells me Im so lucky to have so much time, so Im taking advantage of it! 

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee

We are getting married July 2010.  We have been engaged for over a year already so I was able to book any vendor I wanted because they were all available so far in advance.  Even with a 2.5 year engagement, I am sure when it comes down to it, I will still be rushing to get things done the last week like most other brides!

Post # 13
473 posts
Helper bee

This topic is a bit old, but we are intending to get married in July 2010, due to my dad’s schedule and the weather in this beautiful state (who am I kidding, it could still snow in July in Montana). I’m already antsy because: 1) enter lack of engagement ring here; 2) I’m not sure how into planning I can get without said left hand ring; 3) I’m worried that if we don’t have 18 months (too late now!) all of the venues we want and can afford will be booked. So I’ve got a lot of ideas, photos and bullet-point lists, but nothing actually planned. GAH! 16 months away- way too little time for someone who has the word "planner" on her business card!

Post # 14
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’ve officially booked July 16, 2010.  I’m sure the time is going FLY by.

Post # 15
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010 - Amy's Manor

I’m also a July 2010 bride – hoping for July 31, 2010…it will all depend on vendors! We aren’t teachers but love the summer weather and couldn’t imagine a better time to get married! So glad to know I’m not crazy and planning this early is not uncommon! 🙂

Post # 16
113 posts
Blushing bee

CHK, I totally understand, I was where you are!

I originally wanted June 2010, but once we finally got engaged (I started planning in sept, but he didn’t propose until NYE) our weekend was booked.  I was disappoitned at first, but it ended up being a good thing.  It was like I had to re-vamp or ditch all of the ideas I had before we were engaged…. a fresh start. 

I have my venue booked now, but Boy and I are kind of unsure what we’re supposed to be doing next. What are you ladies doing to pass the time?

The topic ‘Any other July 2010 brides out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors