Any other October 2013 Brides feeling at the end of the rope?

posted 3 years ago in DIY
  • poll: What are you feeling girls?!
    Excited! : (1 votes)
    33 %
    Anxious! : (1 votes)
    33 %
    Panicked! : (1 votes)
    33 %
  • Post # 3
    198 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Yes.  I’m a week after you and am very stressed out about everything that still needs to be done.  My first dress fitting was horrible.  I have a large box of silk flowers that I need to turn into bouquets.  No clue what I am going to do about centerpieces. 

And the clock goes tick, tick, tick. 

Post # 4
    373 posts
    Helper bee

@Cecilia_Noelle:  what budget do you have left and what are your priorities? I might be able to help!

Post # 5
    136 posts
    Blushing bee

I am stressed to the point of feeling sick and wanting to cry.  I’m kicking myself for not doing a small, destination wedding like my fiance suggested in the beginning.  We’ve hired a company to do our decorating so I’m not stressed out there…. BUT we still need to decide ceremony/DJ music, create/send out reception-only invites, choose readings/vows, finish my cardbox and bouquet and 10 boutonierres, choose rehearsal dinner menu, make a slideshow (which requires my trying to figure out how to work our scanner), figure out an itinerary, AND our photographer just emailed me saying she needs an itinerary and list of shots we want taken.  OMG I feel like I am absolutely drowning.  Dont even get me started on budget issues because I am also drowning in debt over this wedding and all the “little” things that add up!  And every time I feel like I’m making some sort of progress, another thing gets added to my plate.  I UNDERSTAND!!!  I have no advice, but I understand!!! Haha

Post # 6
    72 posts
    Worker bee

Going bonkers right now – October 11th Bride!

@alicroo86:  get out of my head!!! literally that is the same situation i am in, word for word – except I am DIYing decor.

I have this crazy fear that I havent spent enough time pouring over the minor details, and that these will turn into major flaws. Every time i read someone say “You can tell the couple really love each other by the small personalised details” I freak out and think “I havent done enough details – PEOPLE WILL THINK THIS IS A SHAM!!”

Post # 7
    1695 posts
    Bumble bee

I almost started crying yesterday when my mom gave me a coupon to a craft store to purchase some of the decor items, because it reminded me I hadn’t purchased them yet. I am LOSING it. Everything I have left is so small, but because of that I’m scared of them falling through the cracks. Let’s stay strong ladies!

Post # 8
    191 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2018

October 12th here too; yeah, shit just got real lol…25 more days to go!  AHHH! I’m excited, giddy, nervous, stressed!  And not to mention jealous that my Fiance is so stinkin calm about it all lol, I wish I could be like that.

I still have 2 flower pomanders to finish for the ceremony, have to make a few small pomanders for the reception centerpieces, try to figure out something for decor for the front of the ceremony space (where we will be standing with the pastor), and go get our marriage license at some point.

It’s going to be ok girls, lets try to relax 🙂

P.S. I’m running a half marathon on Saturday LOL!  WHY did I think that was a good idea that close to the wedding?? I think I’m losing my mind…

Post # 9
    136 posts
    Blushing bee

@MrsDinosaur:  small personalized details my arse!  We’re not even doing wedding favors because nobody needs another miniature bottle of bubbles or a polished rock with their name on it.  As long as everyone has a good time, I’m to the point that I don’t care about tiny details anymore… especially since I’ve had a “sit-down” with myself to try to think of details from other people’s weddings — and I can’t think of ANY details from weddings I’ve attended.  The only things I remember are A) The wedding colors (or the main color) B) The bride’s dress C) How much I had to drink/how much I danced … I don’t even remember ceremony music which is one of my biggest stressors at the moment so I’m trying to rationalize with myself… however, I’m about to post about ceremony music ideas riiiiiight…. NOW.  All in all, WE MUST STICK TOGETHER!!  We are all effing CRAZY being just a few weeks away!!!!

Post # 11
    434 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - Tybee Island, GA

@alicroo86:  Date twins!

Destination weddings are the way to go! I have a total of 30 guests and my wedding planner is planning EVERYTHING! (praise the LORD for him!)

All we have to do, is decorate the beach house, and do food stuff… Which we pretty much have handled!

Other than that, I do freak out about what people will think, when i’m not 100% positive myself how everything will turn out! But just think if something doesnt turn out the way you want, focus on the other things that will… and by the end of the night, we are married and sleeping next to the man of our dreams!

Post # 12
    9137 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@Cecilia_Noelle:  About the tablecloth issue, we went with paper poly lined tablecloths and they look and feel really good.  They come in lots of colors and they should also photograph nicely too.  I found them at http://www.mypapershop.com for less than $3 per tablecloth.  I don’t know if that might be able to be squeezed into the budget but we also have a tight budget and it worked out.

Rounds: http://www.mypapershop.com/disposable-paper-tablecloths-82.html

Rectangle: http://www.mypapershop.com/paper-banquet-tablecloths.html

We’re a few weeks out and down to our last few hundred dollars and still have to order food, booze/drinks, ice, and cake/cupcakes.  It’s so F-ing stressful and exactly why I wanted to elope and take a two week vacation instead of having a traditional wedding ceremony and reception.

Post # 13
    6279 posts
    Bee Keeper

sorry you are not enjoying your time.  try to relax, you are almost there.

Post # 14
    626 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

You are my date twin!!!

and sorry I’ve got to say no…I’ve worked really hard within my budget to make sure everything is in order.

I’ve also done a couple of big events for my work so event coordination comes to me easier than most.

I suggest make 1-6 things you need to do that day. work on that and then when you are done you’re done.

Post # 15
    9137 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

You can do it though.  make a list of everything that is left that needs to be done.  Then re-write the list in order of priority (i.e. what absolutely must get done at the top down to the bottom where it’s F-it if we don’t have time.)  Then make yourself do at least one thing each day so you can check it off the list.  But remember like PP said, people may notice small details but they won’t remember them so don’t waste your time and energy stressing about little stuff.

Can you take some extra time off closer to the wedding to tackle leftover projects?

Post # 16
    136 posts
    Blushing bee

@gigglebox:  So true!  I hope you have an absolutely wonderful wedding – jealous you have a wedding planner!! lol

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors