Post # 1
I have not done a thing since booking the venues except for Pinterest pinning and e-mailing a few photographers. I thought I was set on colors, but now am completely stumped. It’s driving me crazy.
Wondering how you all are doing. What have you booked so far? I’m starting to feel like I’m falling behind with the plans!
Post # 3
- Wedding: May 2015 - Jellyfish, Punta Cana DR
We have booked our venue, hotel, photographer, make-up artist and hair stylist so far.
I have finally settled on a color scheme.
Post # 4
- Venue Booked
- Photograher Booked
- Videographer Booked
- DJ Booked
- Wedding bands are ordered and recieved
- Color Scheme picked out (Navy, Lime, and White)
- Registry started
- Guest List Finalized
- Wedding Website done
We’ve picked out our ceremony venue but they don’t accept 2015 bookings until 2014. We’ve also picked out our florist, cake baker, and caterer but haven’t booked any of them yet. Many of them are busy with the holidays and I don’t want my e-mail getting lost in the shuffle.
That being said, I haven’t done anything in about two months and I feel like I am falling totally behind.
Post # 5
We have booked our photographer, the ceremony venue, the reception venue, flowers, decor, and in the process of booking a DJ and catering in January!
Post # 6
My wedding is May 16, 2015 and people think I am crazy for planning so far ahead, but I got engaged in Feb. and this year has already flown by it seems.
We have booked:
- the venue (reception and ceremony)
- dj and bridal cake included in venue package
- wedding bands
- color scheme picked: black and red
- Honeymoon registry set
- wedding website halfway done
- wedding planner
- decor pretty much planned out
- ordered dress
What I still need to do:
- rental items
- grooms cake
- makeup artist
- hair stylist maybe (I’m thinking of doing myself)
- grooms and groomsmen attire
- bridesmaids attire
- other little things I can’t remember right now
I met with my wedding planner the other day and received a whole new list of decisions I need to make, and I thought I was ahead of the game, lol.
Post # 7
Geez ladies, making me feel so behind! We have out cremony & reception booked.
I have emailed a bunch of photographers & djs but we are waiting for our tax return to make deposits. I am having the worst luck with picking a photographer – I thought it was going to be so easy!!
Our color scheme has been chosen – lavender, turquoise, black. Our bridal party is chosen so we just need to ask them. I have a goal to lose ten pounds by February so I can start seriously shopping for a dress.
Post # 8
Wow! Everyone has done so much already!
So far we have:
- Booked ceremony and reception venue (cake included)
- Bought my dress
- Color scheme picked (Navy blue and light pink)
- FI’s wedding band picked out
- Wedding website finished
- Tentative guest list
- Photographer/videographer picked (still need to put deposit down)
- Bridal party chosen
- BM dresses picked
- Invitations designed and ready to print
I feel like there’s still so much more to do!
Post # 9
500 days to go! Started at 647, so time is flying by. In the past two weeks we finalized the registries and looked at engagement party invitations.
Post # 10
I am attending a huge bridal show in a few weeks, so here’s hoping I get more accomplished! Our potential DJ has not replied back to my email I sent him, which worries me. It’s been nearly a month! Blah.
Anyone else excited to say we’re officially getting married next year?!
Post # 11
We have started…nothing LOL
Post # 12
@beeintraining: I sent my FI a message with the photo of our countdown when we hit 500 days!
@Scorpio88: I am completely excited! Yesterday I was telling everyone that we need to get our asses in gear. We are doing a few DIY projects and I would rather have them done or at least started soon. Our DIY invitation design is about 85% completed so I am excited for that – I told my FI that we need to have the designs completed by March at the latest so we can do our Save the dates which is going off the same design.
Post # 13
@beetee123: lol I am in the same boat as you.
We are currently still visiting venues and negotiating based on that.
Post # 14
@Nouna_: ….I am currently sitting on my butt doing absolutely nothing! I have basically just favorited some pages of different venues, a dress, etc. but we aren’t doing anything set in stone just incase we, for whatever reason, decide to change dates to something either sooner or just a bit later. It feels unreal because I think I will be graduating from university the day before our wedding…LOL
Post # 15
We just picked our photog! So now it’s on to a DJ!
Post # 16
It’s been a busy wedding planning week. I don’t know why that it’s suddenly ‘next year’ it feels like a bunch of stuff has to get done.
- Formally booked the church (finally)
- Decided on an engagement party date (I could take it or leave it, but my Mom insisted)
- Decided on engagement party invitations, going to order those tomorrow
- Starting to come up with a menu, since the catering place needs it to come up with an estimate so we can put down a deposit.
- Began researching ways to ask bridal party since we’ll be asking in May.