Any real brides in Stella York 5840 and 5838?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
Hostess
10891 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

jmarisec: Beautiful dresses! Hope a rearl bride can show you.

Post # 3
40 posts
Newbee

This was a size 10 and I was measured for a size 6 in stella so I imagine the fit to be more snug (even though the dress was clamped).  Hope it helps 🙂

Post # 4
40 posts
Newbee

Herea the other stella I tried. I think it’s the 5836

Post # 5
62 posts
Worker bee

Just tried it today! This is 5840.

jmarisec:  what do you think?

Post # 7
40 posts
Newbee

Heres a better picture. This is in ivory @mbs08

Mbs08:  

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee

msdiybride:  so beautiful! It looks way more white than in my picture, may have just been my weird lighting. Did you end up getting this one? This is my favorite so far but I’m a bit commitment phobic right now 😉

Post # 9
40 posts
Newbee

Mbs08:  I share your pain! I love the stella York but I’m super picky. I must have tried on over 30 dresses by now

Post # 11
62 posts
Worker bee

msdiybride:  jmarisec:  Seriously in the same boat! I think I too have tried on over 30 dresses! I’m heading to see some samples ones next weekend in hopes of trying something a bit different. I was looking for an A-line lace and now have honed in on something a little tighter.

Do either of you have a current #1 dress in the back of your mind at this point?

Post # 13
62 posts
Worker bee

jmarisec:  It is rather crazy how expensive dresses. Especially a dress that you’ll wear for a few hours. If you have tried them on and know that you love it perhaps you can set an alert on preownedweddingdresses.com or oncewed.com, etc. so they can tell you when someone is selling it. You can also consider asking them their return policy as well just in case you have issues with it.

Some dresses on there aren’t even used, the bride just opted for another dress. I think once you find the style you like there are some options on how to reduce the cost. Do you live in a high cost area? The prices vary so much based on where you’re located.

This one would be way too big (but it’s a good price!) but maybe one closer to your size will be posted eventually 🙂

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/36913/Maggie-Sottero-17146-Celeste-Size-12.html

This one is totally new and closer to your size but more expensive. You can always try to negotiate!

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/view/111080/Stella-York-5840-Size-4.html

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee

I bought the Stella York 5840 and so far, no commitment issues! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  tiff1988.
Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

hi everyone, would appreciate your input. I’m about to purchase the Stella York 5840 and was told by the store that the Ivory has two options – ivory over ivory overlay and ivory over oyster overlay. 

the dress in the store was ivory over ivory and was beautiful. The lady helping me suggested that the ivory over oyster might make the lace pop even more, but they only had a small fabric sample so it’s hard to picture. There doesn’t seem to be a huge difference. I’m just reluctant to order in a shade I can’t try on. What have you ladies ordered and any observations? I have a fair skin tone if that helps. really appreciate any input!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors