Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!

posted 2 years ago in Dress
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • JSK
  • 2 years ago

I love this gown. If you don’t mind, how much did it cost?

135 posts
Blushing bee
  • JSK
  • 2 years ago

Thanks!

1 posts
Wannabee

I bought this dress last month!! Yours is coming in in May??? Mine doesn’t get here until July!! I  fell in love with this dress :)

2 posts
Wannabee

I also fell in love with the tara keely 2200. I bought it – should be in around June! I just have a photo from the dress shop, but can’t wait to wear it for my wedding! It’s a fun one, isn’t it? 

772 posts
Busy bee

i want to see real brides with this dress:(

402 posts
Helper bee

To the brides who have this beautiful dress- When you tried it on was it more of a mermaid or a dropped waist?  I am 5′ 5″ and want a mermaid.  It doesn’t look like the skirt hits too low on the model, but she is probably tall.  Was the sample long?  If so, are you going to hem the skirt from the bottom or bring it up on the bodice? 

2 posts
Wannabee

I am wearing the dress for my wedding.  Here is a photo of me in the dress.  I am a little nervous about putting my face out there on the internet so I’ve lopped off my head. Wink   I’m about 5’3″ and a size 4 in most street clothes.  Hope this helps.

2 posts
Wannabee

BTW, it cost me $1800 plus tax.  It is difficult for me to tell you if it is a mermaid, fit/flare, etc.  On me (5’3″), it is fitted down to about mid-thigh.  The “poof” seems to start a bit higher than it would on most mermaid dresses but for some reason it has the mermaid feel to it when you are wearing it.  Also fyi, the belt in this picture is not the belt that goes with the dress. It’s similar but this one seems to have been tried on one too many times.  Good luck with your decision.

402 posts
Helper bee

Thank you for posting! You look gorgeous! I cannot wait to try this dress on :)

2 posts
Wannabee

I tried this sample on in January and I can’t wait to see the ordered dress in a week!  Here is a pic for those that are looking for another real bride in tara keel 2200 – it was lightweight – and reminded me of a Spanish flamenco style -perfect for a night of dancing and celebration!  They recommended that I order a size 12 btw

7 posts
Newbee

this is my dress as well. i bought it from an amazing shop in CA that specializes in alterations. i am only 5’1″ and since im wearing chucks under my gown i obviously asked immediately about alterations…. the shop owner and ALTERATIONS EXPERT 9shes literally been altering and running her business for over 35 years) literally told me that the skirt length will not change unless you specify with the designer that you want to order the skirt long.. the only difference from size to size is the length of the bodice. when i tried this gown on the sample size is a size 8 or 10… seeing as i am normally a size 0-2 in gowns the skirt hit me at mid thigh about 3″ above my knees. i am having my skirt altered to flare right under my butt (i dont have a big bust at all so since i have some junk in the trunk i wanted the fit to hug my butt and flare out 2″ under my butt)… this alteration keeps the full skirt without altering the length.

this dress does run extremely small i guess… so like one of the other ladies i had to order a larger size… im usually a 0-2 and my measurements suggested the best fit with slight room for alterations was a size 6.

its a GREAT dress and since i fortunately got lucky enough to purchase on a trunk show weekend.. my dress, alterations, and veil were 1800.  i did however add the same lace pattern and some mathching pearls to my veil which bumped the cost by 100.

i do have a question for everyone who made this dress part of your special day…. what accessories and/or veils did you choose?? if any!?!?!?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.