(Closed) Any waiting bees not engaged but have a June 2012 date?

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
  • poll: Do you think it's bad luck to set a wedding date if your not engaged yet?
    Bad Luck! : (11 votes)
    35 %
    Always Good To Plan Ahead! : (20 votes)
    65 %
  • Post # 3
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

@Mrs062305: Welcome to the bee!!

“Engaged” means that you have the intent to marry and you are planning a wedding. Just because you don’t have a ring yet, doesn’t mean you aren’t engaged. I am engaged without the ring/proposal but we have already set the date and booked a venue.

Now if you haven’t had the marriage talk and you both aren’t on the same page, then yes, it is a little crazy to be planning when you really don’t know!

Post # 4
    83 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Because I am a teacher, I really need to plan our wedding around summer vacation!  Laughing  So although we are not “officially” engaged yet, the proposal is coming sometime this year and I think it’s ok to start planning a little bit.  We’ve narrowed down the date to one of two weekends, and are giving ourselves a lot of time to organize and figure out what kind of venue we really want.

I don’t think it’s bad luck at all!  If anything, it’s really practical and will hopefully let you book the venue of your dreams 🙂

Post # 5
    21 posts
    Newbee

We just found “the” ring this week and already have a bunch of the details for the wedding picked out. We’ve known for the last three years that we’re going to get married so we already kind of feel engaged. Just have to make it official! 

Post # 6
    2344 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Just wanted to pop in and say that my now-husband and I set a date for June 2010 in the winter of 2009, but we didn’t get engaged until August 2010. We had some of our vendors and I had tried on dresses already, but he just hadn’t gotten the ring (we were fresh out of college and broke). I still had a surprise proposal that was very romantic and special, and we are now happily married, so no, I don’t think it is bad luck 🙂

Post # 7
    5 posts
    Newbee

Me me me!

BF has talked of a spring/summer 2012 wedding, and an engagement  this coming spring/summer. 6/9/12 is such an appealing number to me…I’m such a geek! Embarassed

As to the bad luck thing…I’ve resisted posting on weddingbee for fear of having it cosmically backfire, but hopefully that won’t happen! SmileTongue out

Post # 8
    39 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2012

When we had been dating for 3 years and started talk of marriage, I had set my date for 10/1/10.  Well, the proposal didn’t happen until 10/23/10, and for me, prematurely setting a date brought on a lot of anxiety and unnecessary pressure for my then BF (when are you going to do it already??!).  We’ve set our date for 2012, and it’s nice to have time to plan and enjoy the engagement.  

Post # 9
    6 posts
    Newbee

So glad im not alone..not engaged, but planning a wedding….how do you gals remain calm..like not getting overly impatient?

Post # 10
    6 posts
    Newbee

@Miss Tattoo: So glad im not the only woman in the world with a date and venue and not engaged…i have been feeling overwhelmed with emotions because of that ya know? How do you deal with it?

Post # 11
    124 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@Mrs062305:

My first post! Ring is still being paid off, but have a June 30, 2012 date. My grandparent’s 72nd anniversary, and the reception is in the same room my grandparents 50th anniversary party was held. The reception is the same day of the week the anniversary party was held on. Saturday, June 30, 1990 and Saturday, June 30, 2012. Laughing

The topic ‘Any waiting bees not engaged but have a June 2012 date?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors