(Closed) Anybody have pics of this dress: David’s Bridal WG9871?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I can tell you that I tried to try it on but even in my size it absolutely did not fit on my hips.  Granted, my hips are wide, but it was even more fitted than I thought it was going to be.  Hope it works out for you to try it on in person!

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

This is the dress (size 14).  I am 5’5, 150lbs, 36C and generally wear a street size 12.  The stores in my area only had a size 10 to try on… which was too tight, but I could zip into it with a little help. 

After speaking with DB’s seamstress, and trying on another mermaid/trumpet style in a 12, I *almost* ordered a 12, but the seamstress said that moving up to a 14 and then having it taken in would reduce the “back fat” roll (my words, not hers) that I was noticing.  Perhaps this was an easy way to add alterations to my total price… but oh well… I went with the 14.  As you can see in this photo… the dress is too big and needs to be altered.  Better loose than tight in this case.

Hope this helps.

[attachment=934884,115455] [attachment=934884,115456]

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2010

That’s my dress!  Glad to see it getting some love.  I’m getting married in like 3 weeks in that bad boy!   I love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

MilanoBride,
Did you do any major alterations to your gown? It looks more tight fitting around your waist/behind than mine does! I was told not to bring it in too much so that I could still walk/sit down in it. Did you find that to be a problem?

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

AnnaBelle — My dress was a pretty snug fit naturally. I only had it hemmed and bustled. If it were lose, I would have had it taken in!

Post # 14
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Reviving this post a little – any more pics of WG9871? I am thinking of ordering it in white. Would love to see it on real bees. Thanks!

Post # 15
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We only went to David’s Bridal to kill time before my engagement party yesterday.. nobody expected me to find my dress there.  However, this was the first dress I walked out in and it was LOVE! 

Has anybody made it into a sweetheart neckline?  I’m okay with the current neckline, but think that sweethearts look much better on me.  The consultant seemed to think it would not be a problem to put a pinch to change the neckline.

The topic ‘Anybody have pics of this dress: David’s Bridal WG9871?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors