(Closed) Anyone cut train off Alfred Angelo Cinderella 205 dress?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
220 posts
Helper bee

I have never seen this dress in person, but I always thought that busteling tule would be a danting task. If your having a destination wedding I think cutting the train off might be a better idea since destination weddings are usually a lot smaller than normal weddings. 

Post # 4
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’ve tried this dress on. I went and looked through my pictures of me in it. Truthfully I think the train will be a pain in the ass to bustle, but it is doable.

I love this dress! 

Post # 6
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I have the bottom of the 205 on my dress (the belle on the top) and mine is bustled. For a beach/destination wedding, my seamstress said it is more than doable to cut the train off and still have a slip under it to keep the poof.

Post # 7
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@DoctorBride:  How did you do that? Did you buy both dresses, have them cut in half and sewn together?

ETA: do you have a picture?

Post # 8
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Here it is bustled.

Post # 11
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

My train wasn’t cathedral length or anything, but it was definitely long.  This is what it looked like bustled.’

Post # 15
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Thanks for posting! I’m not looking at this dress but I’ve resigned myself that I’ll probably have to cut the train off of whatever dress I end up buying!

Post # 16
157 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@RhodeIslandQuahog:  This was my dress in June and I opted for cutting the train off and it was definately the best choice for me. Our wedding was outdoors and I didn’t want to drag a train through grass all day, and I hate the look of bustles. I thought what’s the point of leaving it on just so it can be long for a few pics and then have to pin it up? I hemmed and hawed over it forever, but I was so happy I cut it off. Here’s a couple pics of it.

Better for dancing!

The topic ‘Anyone cut train off Alfred Angelo Cinderella 205 dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors