Post # 1
If I had a nickel for every mean person who told me how awful marriage was going to be…
And it’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever experienced!!!
Here are my reasons:
1) I love my Darling Husband so much and want to be around him all the time. Since we’re married that’s officially okay now!!!
2) I LOVE saying “My Husband” Oh that will never get old!!
3) No more dating!! No more worrying about him proposing!
4) NO ONE CAN ASK ME WHEN I’M GOING TO GET MARRIED ANYMORE!!!!!!!!
What are your reasons?
Post # 3
I’ve been married for over 3 years and I still love being married!
- I also love my Darling Husband more than anything and want to be around him all the time too! Being married makes that so much easier!
- I have a true partner in crime now! We get into trouble together :o)
- I have someone who has seen me at my absolute worst and has been there through everything…the sunshine and the rain!
- I’m not out there in the scary dating world anymore!
Post # 4
I love being married but the only thing I don’t like is the Mother-In-Law. Other than that, me and the DH’s relationship is better than ever. I love talking about our future. We can talk about kids without it being taboo. Love talking about where we want to be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now.
Post # 5
LOL I had some weird comments too, but I agree: it is AWESOME.
I like and agree with all of your comments, but I would also add: we are now officially a team. It’s us against the world, for realz. And I really like that. Mess with him, you’re messing with me…that kind of thing.
I also can’t relate to newlyweds who are sad about the fact their wedding is over. I’m SO glad that the planning is done, it was a good time and now we can just “be” without discussing parties, centrepieces, and the benefits of pomanders. lol
I’m glad things are slowly getting back to normal and we can just enjoy each other.
Post # 6
Being married feels exactly the same at it did before we got married – awesome! We are stable, happy, fulfilled, and planning an exciting future (6 months in Asia this year and a big move across the country!). I love that I married someone who thinks outside the box and loves challenges as much as I do!
Post # 7
@ArwenBride: could have written your post myself, that’s exactly how I feel!!
Post # 8
@ArwenBride: I couldn’t agree with you more! I was relieved when the wedding was over b/c it was just me and my husband then. No more stressing out about the wedding or our parents. We were married and that’s all that mattered!
Post # 9
Yes yes yes, a million times yes.
Post # 10
Yes!! I love how much stronger our connection has gotten; it seems like were so much more in love. I can totally tell a difference in Darling Husband. And I agree, I LOVE calling him my husband and I love it even more when he calls me his wife.
Post # 11
This is an awesome post!
1) I love the awesome sense of security and companionship I have with my husband. He’s so my rock in life.
2) I love looking at our wedding and honeymoon pictures every day and remembering those special moments.
3) I love how weirdos on the street can hit on me and once I say, “I’m married,” they run away like I have the plague. Lol!
4) And even though this isn’t necessarily about marriage… I love seeing my husband with Addie. I honestly tear up when I see them playing together or when I overhear their silly songs and conversations. It’s absolutely the best part of my day!
Post # 12
Yes I am also sooo glad the wedding is over. I knew I would be. Now we can jet away for a weekend if we want to and not feel stressed about lapsing on the wedding planning.
Post # 13
I love having someone always there for you. That is something I never experienced with anyone else (not with family, not with friendships). It is a really rare and wonderful thing (maybe some people do get that from other sources.) For me, I love knowing I have a life-partner- someone dedicated to going through everything with me. It is a wonderful feeling. I love the support.
Post # 14
I have only been married for a week, but I LOVE it! We were engaged for two years, and paid for the bulk of the wedding ourselves…so those two years were pretty high stress. I love making impulse purchases without worrying about our budget, etc. I love all the wedding stuff being out of our apartment too 🙂
I feel so much closer to Darling Husband now, I don’t know why. I feel like we are so much more permanent, even though we dated for three years before he proposed. I also LOVE how excited he is about my new last name!
Post # 15
@Mrs. Spring: I also love looking at wedding pictures and nothing beats the security and companionship. I had no idea what I was missing when I was single!!!
Another thing I wanted to add is that everything is WAY more fun with my Darling Husband. Like everything! Even the most mundane tasks like cleaning. He makes me laugh so hard and like I said before I just love being around him so I don’t even care what we do 1/2 the time as long as we’re together!
Post # 16
YES!! I feel like actually being married has brough us closer and strengthened our connection. I didn’t think it was possible but we’re even more in love now that it is all official.
And who doesn’t love getting to say, “my husband”??