Anyone finding any dresses for under $500??

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Are you open to getting a dress on Etsy? Someone on the board posted some very nice pictures of her dress from “misdress”. 

Post # 3
8905 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Check the white / ivory dresses at online department stores like Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, JC Penney, etc.  You can order a bunch and return whatever you don’t like.  I got my wedding dress for $120 and loved it!  Here’s the dress (size options are pretty restricted currently).

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marina-embellished-lace-gown/3672897

David’s Bridal also has dresses for $100-200, or you can go pre-owned.

Post # 4
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - 11/15/14-Vineyard

Davids Bridal has a lot AND if you can catch a sale and/or look at the coupons online (they will honor them in the store). 

You can also look around at preowned wedding dress sites, ebay, etc. once you know the one you want and what size it is. There are a LOT of people selling used and even never worn dresses for a lot less money then bought for. 

I know I HATED my original dress when it came in and ended up selling it at a fraction of the price. Then I found one I loved at David’s Bridal and got the size and found someone on Ebay selling it for $100 brand new, with tags still on it as she had cancelled her wedding. 

You can definitely find one. 

Post # 5
4483 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Mine was 300 from David’s Bridal. It may not be high end, but it’ll look good for the 10 hours of my life I’ll be wearing it.

Post # 6
43 posts
Newbee

I got mine on sale at Davids and it was $300 then the belt was an extra $80.

Post # 7
107 posts
Blushing bee

lindsey.nicole.holder:  My best friend made mine for just under $500. Seriously, check Etsy. There’s one I really like, but I didn’t go with (she’s in China). Her shop is millycouture.

Post # 8
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Check out consignment shops! I got mine at one that specializes in weddings for $425! they are definitely out there 🙂

Post # 9
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Yes! My dress was $100 at Davids Bridal also got my veil for $ 200. There is nothing wrong witg having a small budget. You can definitely find something beautiful for $500. Good luck!

Post # 10
7075 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

If you’re willing to buy off the rack it’s totally doable.

Post # 11
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

lindsey.nicole.holder: you can also look on Amazon / Zappos. I got my dress, which retailed for $900 or so for $185. It’s from Erin Fetherston’s bridal line.

Also, Church Street Bridal (on Facebook) has awesome sample gowns from Kleinfeld’s and other wedding dress boutiques, many for less than $500. The proceeds go to the YWCA!

Post # 13
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I also got mine at David’s Bridal for $99. It’s perfect! (btw- that’s not me in the picture). You should definitely check it out. It will depend on what kind of style you like- mine is super simple.

Post # 14
679 posts
Busy bee

lindsey.nicole.holder:  Mine was $225. I dont have a picture but it was a floor length bridesmaid dress, which most you can get in white or off white. Mine is white. I paid extra to get the extra 5″ length which willl be hemmed into a little train. Bridesmaid dresses are beautiful and some are very formal if you are looking for that. Mine is Bill Levkoff, they have a bunch of beautiful ones on there website and you can search to see where they are sold around you so you can try some on. They wont be white when you try it on though, but if you can get past that you can get a beautiful dress for such little cost!

Post # 15
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I got TWO for $500. I was an undergrad when we got engaged!

Ella Rosa – $400

Bought used – $100

Try sample sales, used dresses, etc there are plenty out there that won’t break the bank!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors