anyone having a wedding under 10,000

posted 1 month ago in DIY
Post # 2
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Beach

I had a small DIY wedding that was around $10,000 and my only regret is inviting people that I felt pressured to invite. They ALL RSVP’d but were No Shows. I should have put my foot down and told people “No”. We paid for our whole wedding ourselves. I worried BRIEFLY about it not being fancy enough but when your wedding day comes that will be the last thing you will think about.

Post # 4
419 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016 - Beach

It is extremely rude. I didn’t want to invite these people in the first place because I barely knew them lol. I had a strict budget to stick to so I understand the worry. I’ve been to some fancy weddings too and felt that mine might not measure up. As long as you are happy then that is all that matters.

Post # 5
122 posts
Blushing bee

My wedding’s going to be on a cruise ship, and all told it cost about 2,000 dollars (including the cruise itself! lol). You can do a lot with a smaller budget, and I think that backyard weddings are just as charming as the bigger ones! 😀

Post # 6
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Ours is under $10k and not fancy at all. Beach wedding then dinner overlooking the ocean. No chair ribbons, table runners, flowers etc. Just friends, family food and wine. No fluff.

Post # 8
1070 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

My wedding was closer to $13000 (dress, transportation, venue, catering, ceremony, flowers), but we also had 155 guests and it was just outside of the very expensive city we live in. I didn’t spend a lot on decor either, because our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside at a farm so I let nature speak for itself. Our reception was in an old barn and the only decorating I did was flowers on the tables, table numbers that I DIYed and a table with pictures. I am really happy with the way everything turned out. Your wedding will be beautiful. Don’t stress.

Post # 9
4562 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

morgandrewtaylor :  Our wedding was around 7000 and that included paying for rooms for some of our guests.  We also went with scenery more than decor, having our ceremony in the desert and our reception in the mountains (within 10 miles of each other, though I know it sounds farther).  It was lovely and even though I didn’t have fancy chairs, tablecloths, a DJ, even a bakery cake, I got tons of compliments.  My family in general has had pretty casual weddings, though a little more stylish than my own, and they’ve all been lovely. My new theory is that while people have expectations about weddings, they really like when they’re more mellow. 

Post # 10
487 posts
Helper bee

Our wedding was around $7000 for 65 people. It was still pretty nice though & people still make comments about how it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever been too. It was in the great smoky mountains national park. I researched the shit out of vendors & got the best price I could without sacrificing quality. I saved a ton of decor by buying almost all of it off a brides fb page. My wedding looked closer to a $15000 wedding which is the average around here but I’m meticulous when when it comes to planning (for anything) & always get the most bang for my buck (it’s a blessing & a curse). 

Post # 11
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

My wedding is 10k. 

My venue with 100 guests at a resort and golf club was $8100. DJ and photographer were $1000 (we had some strings through family friends). Centerpieces and flowers were done through Etsy and are BEAUTIFUL for an amazing price! And my dress was on sale Alfred Angelo for $500 (was originally $2700!!) and no need for alterations. I’m so excited! Only 29 more days! 

It’s so doable! And it can be made to look fabulous! 

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I honestly think wedding’s have gotten out of hand!

Less is more. Smaller is more intimate, special and personal.

We spent around $8000 on our Wedding. We got married in my husbands parent’s backyard and then had a turkey dinner at a small restaurant in town. We had 50 guests attend. I had some doubts right before the wedding- worried I didn’t make it fancy enough. But, 3 years later and I’m still happy with our choice! It was perfect for us AND our budget.

Here are a couple pics:

Post # 14
2311 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

My sister did a $10k breakfast wedding. Your wedding sounds gorgeous! You don’t need to go overboard with decorations. Sunset with lights in the trees will already be amazing. 

Post # 15
2809 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Earth

Its going to end up being around $4k or less. ceremony, reception, dress, photographer, shoes, suit, rentals, music – whole shebang. WB is a blessing and a curse. Kind of got sucked up in the whole *vision* of a wedding and then realized I seriously don’t give a sh*t about most of this stuff. lol I suck at DIY, I don’t even like flowers and I couldn’t describe how the last wedding I attended looked with a gun to my head. We’re both super simple so caring about themes, extra decor and the like is not happening. Venue is a beautiful park with two ponds so nature will provide the decor. Good food, guest comfort, music, drinks and enjoying a relaxed day with loved ones is our focus. The theme is wedding. 😋

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors