posted 2 months ago in DIY
Post # 31
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Post # 34
1025 posts
Bumble bee

I think that shows like Say Yes to the Dress make it seem like people have oodles of money to spend on their weddings and their gowns. I also think that’s pretty unrealistic. Most people can’t drop the whack of cash on a gown that you see on TV. If I had an extra 10K miraculously fall out of the sky and hit me on the head, I still wouldn’t use the whole thing on a one day event. I’m just more frugal than that as a person- not that I don’t love wedding stuff of course; it’s just so easy to go overboard.

I also think that what’s important is the marriage- not the wedding. I went to a wedding once many years ago that was very expensive; the couple obviously spent a lot of time on every detail, but you know what? – it seemed like a theatre production, rather than a genuine expression of their love.

I genuinely like to read about intimate wedding more- I love how someone’s grandma made their cake, or how the couple got married at the lake with their dogs, or how all the guests played games out on the back lawn…. those things are sweet, personal and endearing. I love that. 🙂

Your wedding will be special to you becaues it’s yours and your dh’s. Stay off pinterest. that ‘ll be a good start. 🙂

Post # 35
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I’m having a 30 person wedding at a fancy little bistro in my area. All in for $3000 😁😁😁 

We used what we would have spent on a wedding on our first home instead, money much better spent!!!!

Post # 36
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

We had a 100 person wedding for under 10k and that includes the honeymoon! We pretty much paid for everything ourselves. I DIY invites, center pieces (borrowed from a girl on a FB classified page), guest book, ring box, a friend did our bouquet and boutineer(sp). Got fake flowers for the center pieces. Bought clothing from department stores except my dress. Food was buffet style. WE did cupcakes instead of cake.  Ceremony was in park (150) my sister married us. DJ was awful wish I hadn’t paid for that. We didn’t give presents to each other.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors