(Closed) Anyone heard of or had experience with 2000 Dreams in Temple City

posted 8 years ago in Los Angeles
Post # 3
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I didn’t use 2000 dreams, but I used best bridal in san fernando to gte my maggie dress. I’ll let you know when the dress comes in if they’re any good. It shoul dbe coming in soon, the latest may, but that might be a little late for you. Sorry…Oh you kno what I went to the same place my friedn got her dress (not a maggie) and it came out gorgeous. Customized and alterations included. Prices vary with the dresses but I got my for $800.

Post # 4
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I got my dress through the 2000 Dreams San Diego branch and picked up from the Temple City branch. I didn’t get Maggie Sottero, but I got Private Label by G and they are quite legit! Chinese places are more notorious for haggling and price comparison so it’s not a surprise that they were able to give you a good quote. Did you also look at Love Boat Bridal just down the street? They’re another MS authorized retailer and really great people in general!

Just be very good about getting any extra add-ons itemized in the quote – they tried to charge me for alterations when I picked up the dress, even though I already paid for it with my original order. Luckily it was itemized on the invoice!

Post # 5
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I bought my Maggie dress there, but I haven’t received it yet so I don’t know what my overall experience with them will be.

I had alterations built into the the price of the dress also, but the specifics — bustling, hemming, neckline — weren’t stated in the invoice. Blurg. They’re going to do the hemming and bustling, but they were more resistent on changing to a sweetheart neckline. Thanks for the warning, @krazy2wedding.

Of course, bargain the price down or for free stuff. Try to see if you pay in cash that they’ll waive tax. I didn’t try that, but I wish I had since I think it might’ve worked and saved me $100.

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I actually really didn’t enjoy my experience at 2000 Dreams in Temple City when I went in person both times. It was just crazy and hectic and each employee asked me the same question like 5 times! That being said their prices WERE good, and YES definitely offer cash and try to get all the add-ons like alterations and bustling thrown in. I didn’t have any problem with the actual dress itself.. just the service was a bit poor. 🙂

The topic ‘Anyone heard of or had experience with 2000 Dreams in Temple City’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors