Anyone JLM Blush #1304 Dahlia brides out there??

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
36 posts
  • Wedding: April 2015

beh1986:  I tried this on and LOVED the fit and feel of it! Unfortunately my stylist just wanted to show me the straps on it as a possibility to add onto a different gown – I’m having a more formal wedding, so this didn’t fit my theme, but I seriously loved it and am trying to find a similar shape/feel with a little more formality.  If I was having an outdoor wedding, I would have gotten this one.  Wish I had some pics to show you! I’m 5’6″ about 128, and curvy if that helps.  It’s super sweet, lightweight and flowy. Good luck!

Post # 3
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

beh1986:  Oooh, I tried this dress on too and loved it, especially the polka dot tulle. There wasn’t anything wrong with it as such, it just wasn’t what I picked in the end. I’m also pretty curvy and felt that the top of the skirt was quite full, which wasn’t the most flattering out of all the styles I tried on. That said, I ended up going with the June dress which has a really similar silhouette, but perhaps the heavier lace skirt made it seem less gathered on.

I loooove all of the Blush dresses – they really are beautifully made and styled. I wish I had some pictures to share but didn’t take any, sorry. Hope you’re able to find somewhere to try it on 🙂

Post # 4
375 posts
Helper bee

beh1986:  Because this style isn’t from the most recent collections, it might be a little harder to locate, but if you have a bridal salon near you that carries the Blush or probably any of the JLM lines, maybe contact them to see if they can order or borrow a sample of the dress for you to try on?  I didn’t try on any of the Blush styles (though I love many of them), but I did try on four different Hayley Paige styles and one by Tara Keely and found them all to be well-made.  Also, a trick I’ve used (which maybe you’ve already tried) is to search Instagram hashtags for more pics of Hayley Paige dresses, since mine is a newer style and I had a difficult time finding any pics through Google image search beyond the model shots.

Post # 5
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Train station ceremony / Hilton reception

beh1986:  I had to respond to this because the dress you linked is uncanningly close to the dress I’m going with… Although I’m taking the bottom skirt (polka dot) part of a dress like that and having them make it with a SLIGHTLY different bodice (instead of all polka dots on the bodice it will just be lace).  And I’m getting them to add a layer of blush underneath, but it will be all over (not just the skirt).  Kinda complicated. Anyway, both dresses are like the ones you linked….<br /><br />But, as you can see, it’s kinda awkward because I’m holding up the skirt of the other dress to the drss I have on to try to visualize it.<br /><br />

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors