(Closed) Anyone Not Doing Paper Programs?

posted 5 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
Member
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I’m not planning on doing programs.  This could change, but right now it’s not on my radar.  I’m only having 30-45 guests though.  So I don’t think I have enough people to justify needing a program nor can I justify the cost/time to make them for that few people.  Besides, almost everyone will know almost everyone else.

Post # 4
Member
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

no programs.  We’re having a very simple ceremony.

Post # 5
Member
2832 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Not planning on having programs. Having a casual backyard wedding, I just don’t see the need.

Post # 6
Member
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

We skipped them too.  Our ceremony was really only about 15 minutes, maybe 20-25 if you count the processional/recessional.  By the time people would have read them it would be over!

Post # 7
Member
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

No programs here.  Yay backyard wedding!

Post # 8
Member
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We’re having 120 guests and no programs.  I think everyone will understand what is going on!

Post # 9
Member
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

We didn’t have programs. I’ve only been to one wedding that did, and it was also a very, very formal wedding.

Post # 10
Member
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I didn’t do programs, and I’ve never been to a wedding that did. 

Post # 11
Member
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

We are having 134 guests and are not doing programs, waste of money and paper since our ceremony is going to be non denominational lasting about 20 minutes. The only weddings I’ve been to that had these were catholic ceremonies that lasted an hour, even than I never opened the program once and threw them out. I just don’t see the need, people should understand what is going on! Our wedding is formal, and still don’t see the need for programs.

Post # 12
Member
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

We had them. I spend a lot of time putting them together with so much detail and no one noticed. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldnt even bother. lol 

Post # 13
Member
3886 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We had no programs. No one even noticed. Not a single person asked me where the programs were. They also didn’t ask the venue coordinator, bridal party, or anyone. Honestly I just wouldn’t bother.

Post # 14
Member
3574 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I spent around $400 on beautiful programs.  After the wedding about 80% of them were untouched/unused.  A huge waste!

Post # 15
Member
1158 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am not having them.I think they are a waste of money.lol

Post # 16
Member
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Skipped. I think they’re super cute but I’d rather not put time into something that nobody other than my Mom and Grandma will even care about after the night is over. People won’t get bored… 99% of them have smartphones, the other 1% are old and can talk to each other 🙂

The topic ‘Anyone Not Doing Paper Programs?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors