Anyone see VW351213 in Person? Looking to order White by Vera Wang online.

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i saw it in person last week when i was at DB trying on bridesmaid dresses. the fabric on the bodice looked like it had an itchy texture. other than that, it was pretty. typical of the vera wang dresses at DB.

Post # 3
89 posts
Worker bee

I tried it on a few weeks ago. I was wearing the dress for a couple of minutes and knew I didn’t like it straight away. I thought the fabric on the bodice looked and felt very cheap and it had an odd sheen to it. The skirt was nice-ish but the bodice was a complete dealbreaker to me. Have you tried on a dress in a similar colour before? I really didn’t like the colour on me (blonde, pretty normal skin for a blonde girl, not too pale, not too tanned). I unfortunately didn’t take any photos.

Do you have any friends who live near a David’s who might be able to try it on and take pictures for you?

Sorry, my review is really negative. There are other VW White dresses that I really like but this one just wasn’t doing anything for me. Good luck!

Post # 5
89 posts
Worker bee

The style of the dress, as in the overall shape/silhouette, was nice (big ballgown skirt though. Have you tried styles like this?). The fabric of the skirt also didn’t bother me, it was pretty standard tulle, nothing amazing but not bad. It was the fabric of the bodice which I thought (like @colorofmyheart) was a bit scratchy and just not very comfortable. In store the colour looked a lot more yellow, too. 

I think if you have tried on a similar silhouette and colour and liked it, then go for it. But I wouldn’t order it without knowing what the colour looks like on you. 

Is it the champagne or blush coloured one you’re after?

Post # 7
89 posts
Worker bee

Sounds like it would work well with your colour scheme. As long as you know what the colour looks like on you?

Not sure about a bustier, pretty sure there was some boning in it though, yes. The bodice was quite short on me though which resulted in the dresses waist not sitting on my natural waist but above it. I can’t really comment on the tulle fabric, I don’t remember it being particularly nice or particularly bad (sorry that’s not really helpful).

How much is the dress in the US? I remember thinking it was awefully expensive for what it was. But then UK prices differ from David’s US prices.

I’m just on the David’s website now. Are you sure the dress is still available? It shows up as being out of stock when I go on the American website but maybe the website knows I like in the UK and that’s why it’s being odd?

Post # 10
89 posts
Worker bee

Hmm odd, once I select a colour the website tells me that there aren’t any sizes left. Must be that the website knows I’m trying to order it from the UK or something like that.

$849 is not bad. Could you return it if you don’t like it? And have you tried on a champagne coloured dress before?

Post # 14
89 posts
Worker bee

Oh and I just saw your other thread regarding sizing. Be careful with the online sizing chart on the DB website. I am pretty sure that sizing chart only applies to DB dresses not VW White dresses. My bust and waist measurements are 34.5 and 28 and the 4 and 6 both fitted me pretty well. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors