Anyone Tried On/ Worn Casablanca 2104? Pics please!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@MadameX:  Hi, I tried it on..felt great- light fabric and structured.

Post # 5
107 posts
Blushing bee

@broomhilda:  Whoops, 2107 is what I tried on…sry-similar though?

Post # 8
107 posts
Blushing bee

@MadameX:  I bought a Vera wang “ethel” for a really good price as well. It is a sz 10 and my seamstress said $750(wtf?) in alterations to get it from 5’11” down to 5’2″. I am just trying to sell it now for what I bought it for. $1800. It is the same shape as the Casablanca if you are interested, let me know. PS- Either way, I like the 2104 much better than the 2107!

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee

I’m a bridal consultant and the store I work at carries this style. It is one of my favorites in the store! It looks good on all different body types, has a nice train length, roushing is super flattering, and has just the right amount of beading. I love when gowns have beading near the neckline because remember a lot of your pictures will be from the shoulders up. Also if I remember correctly it’s pretty well priced <$1500.

I’d go on the Casablanca website and see if stores near you carry it. Call ahead and check to make sure they have this particular style. You won’t know how you like it until you try it on, but from what I’ve seen its stunning.

Post # 12
18 posts
Newbee

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’m a street size 10, and fit into a 14-16 for my bust. Personally I think fitted styles are best for our size. Is it a corset back? Maybe itll fit just for a try on purposes? Or is there a similar style/ fit in your shop you could try?

Also I saw your message… I’m not engaged, but imagine I will have a really hard time finding my dress. I’ve seen way too many things, and nothing seems special to me anymore. On top of that, I’ve competed in pageants, and have worn ballgowns, and several white dresses. I also had an ivory dress for prom. Even though I may not have that wow moment, I know I’ll find something great. You might not have that moment either, but you have still can have the shopping experience by shopping around at other boutiques. Because I do this for my job, I think I’ll go for something funky and different. I love the look of a full A line because that’s so “bridal” to me, but I have an hourglass figure and the roushed trumpet/ mermaid is definitely what looks best on my body. I’m pretty much decided since I’ve worn white sooo many times, I’m going to wear blush (bridesmaids in Ivory).. and it’ll need to have a train that you can see from down the street. I’ll probably spend almost my entire wedding budget on the dress, but that’s my livelyhood haha. 

love this dress and color, but needs a longer train.

below: LOVE this skirt, but wish the body was more fitted. 

Post # 13
378 posts
Helper bee

@broomhilda:  you look stunning. is this the dress you chose? if not, what’d you end up with?

Post # 15
107 posts
Blushing bee

@heavenslight:  Hi, I fell in love with this dress and it was my first choice after shopping. I even held a poll with 5 dresses and this one won, but with all the posts of ‘dress regret’, I decided to wait. In that time, I found VW Ethel and bought it sight unseen off the preowned b/c it was such a good deal, but with alterations estimations($750), it comes way over budget. Now I need to sell it and start over- I am kind of stuck on what to do….

There are too many and not enough dresses in this world if you know what I mean!

Im stuck on an island, so trying on different designers is not really an option, I like Winnie couture 8405, but nowhere to try it on here.

Ive been thinking about Jasmines Bridal, getting one made….arghhh Any suggestions Heaven? Or  Anybody??? I am obviously confused, very confused.

Post # 16
107 posts
Blushing bee

@MadameX:  PS, to OP- why are you still looking? That is your dress! Its perfect- I might consider a different veil(sorry if that one has sentimental value) and yes, dropping the necklace a bit. But otherwise, extremely flattering- the 2104 might cut off your hip to calf shapeliness IMO.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors