Anyone TRY ON or HAVE OPINIONS on Mori Lee 5103?!?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Would you wear Mori Lee 5103?
    Yes, she's absolutely gorgeous : (28 votes)
    45 %
    She's okay. I've seen better and I'll post below : (12 votes)
    19 %
    No, no way. I'm just not that into her : (22 votes)
    35 %
  • Post # 3
    398 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I love the back of it! I like that it’s not a solid lace, but that you can see your back.

Post # 5
    64 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

@ButterflyBride5:  I’ve tried it on!  I went to a salon specifically looking for another dress that was supposed to be in stock, but ended up not being in the store.  My consultant brought me the 5103 since it was similar in style and I was curious about chiffon.  I did not expect to be so taken with the gown!  It was super light and so comfortable!  Didn’t hurt that the sample just about fit me perfectly.  After seeing myself in the mirror, I was completely floored.  

I didn’t expect to like the dress, I just wanted to see if I preferred chiffon over satin.  I know now that satin is no longer an option, it’s chiffon all the way.  However I truly believe this is my dress!  It had everything I wanted in a dress… touches of lace, Aline but fitted, straps and the chiffon was a dream to wear!  

I will also say that the stock photo with the model does not do it justice.  I really believe this dress is meant for a curvier girl.  The sample I tried was size 16, and I’m currently street size 14.  I felt simply awesome and beautiful, and I knew I could be comfortable to dance the night away in it.  

Unfortunately the salon didn’t allow photos when trying on dresses.  So I requested a sample of the 5103 in my bridal size at a closer salon.  It won’t be in until around November, but if it’s everything I remember it being I’ll purchase the gown right then and there.

Let me know if you get to try it on and what you think of it!  I hope it’s everything you’re looking for. 🙂

Edit: By the way, the friend that came with me said the dress made my butt look amazing.  If you’re looking for “kapow bam bow” then you’ll get it with this dress 😉

Post # 6
    3557 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

You are in luck. I had been eyeing that dress for ages and they let me see it at the Wedding Shoppe this last weekend. It was too small for me to try on, but I have pictures of one of the alterations ladies trying it on for me. I will come back and upload the pics when I get home tonight.

Post # 7
    64 posts
    Worker bee

@Eckle:  Oh I have to thank you for sharing that photo!  I want so badly to see other real women wearing the dress, but all I’ve been able to find is the stock photo.

Post # 11
    64 posts
    Worker bee

@ButterflyBride5:  I checked the price at both salons, and the lowest that it retails for through Mori Lee authorized retailers is $849.  

I haven’t done much research into bustling chiffon since I was leaning towards reducing the train to sweep length or none altogether.  The simplicity of the skirt would make that alteration very easy.  I recommend doing a search for “chiffon bustle” on these boards and see what other brides have done in the past.

Post # 12
    3557 posts
    Sugar bee

@GenericSpeak:  

@ButterflyBride5:  Here are the pics of one of the Wedding Shoppe employee trying on the dress (I was too big to fit in it).

Post # 13
    3557 posts
    Sugar bee

@ButterflyBride5:  For this dress I would look into an Austrian bustle, I think it would go really nicely with the flow of the dress

Post # 16
    64 posts
    Worker bee

@Eckle:  Thanks for the heads up!

November seems so far away.  I can’t wait to try it on again. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors