Anyone want to do the 100 day fitness challenge? (Ongoing)

posted 2 years ago in Fitness
Post # 2
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

TheLadyA :  Hey! I’d be interested. I’m currently on day 38 of a fitness challenge. On June 1st, I decided to make it a goal to do some planned exercise every day for the month of June. I’m now past that but keeping it going. Why not for 62 more days?! I haven’t really made any other lifestyle changes (I eat relatively healthy but love my wine) and I haven’t been taking any pictures or tracking my weight though…so I’m not sure how helpful I’ll be…

As a bit of background anyways…

I basically started my challenge as a motivator to try some new types of exercise. I’ve been a Bikram yoga devotee for about 7 years and felt like I’d kind of plateaued physically. I’d also been a believer that people should mix up their exercise for the best results (while also believing that if you did Bikram, you didn’t need anything else…haha, brainwashed much?), and I finally decided to put that into action. For past 38 days, I’ve been mixing it up between Bikram, running, yogalosophy, and Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred. In moving forward, I’d love to branch out even more and maybe try the (eeeekkk) gym or a spin class.

So here’s a summary of my progress, goals, etc.:

Challenge start date – June 1, 2014

Challenge ent date – Sept 8, 2014 (I think that’s 100 days…)

Goals – try more types of exercise; exercise 7 days/week instead of 4, even if it’s a 30 minute video; go out of my comfort zone; feeling stronger and more fit

Woohoo, let’s do this!! Come on, more bees! 🙂

Post # 4
879 posts
Busy bee

TheLadyA :  

Alrighty, check in time.. I just got back from a Bikram class. Were you successful in getting started today? I hope so!! If not, there’s still time 🙂 Your day yesterday sounded amazing though. Ahhh, I’d take getting my hair done and dirty martini’s over working out any day. And I’m sure you felt fabulous!!

Thanks for the congrats! I *think* I feel different and look a little more toned. My running endurance has increased significantly (I was not a runner before this challenge and can now run 6km with no stopping and a good pace). And I think my arms are looking a bit more toned. I forgot to mention that I’ve been doing a light-vesion of the 100 push-up challenge. I’ve gone from being able to do 4 good form push-ups in a row to 25 in a row! It’s such a simple challenge but so good!! You should try it if you’re looking to improve upper body strength! I also think I feel a bit slimmer through my outer thigh area. I’ve always been pretty small and in relatively good shape so I’m definitely not seeing drastic differences. But I’m hoping that the results just cumulate over time. I’m sure if I cleaned up my diet even more, and decreased my wine consumption, things would happen more quickly, but I still have about a year till my wedding, so meh…. Are you gearing up for a wedding soon???

Post # 5
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Industrial/Modern

Hi ladies! I’d love to join! I sort of fell off the fitness wagon early last year. I used to run a bit and rock climb. I also did Insanity though it’s probably not a good idea to start off with that after such a long break eh lol? I haven’t checked out any rock climbing gyms yet but I’m interested in trying some new things… possibly yoga (Bikram looks interesting!) Everyone seems to be on a pole fitness kick of late so I’m thinking that might be fun to try. I do well working out at home and have been checking out the Bodyrock.tv workout series. They seem fun and challenging and a lot of them don’t require equipment which I dig. 

So then! 

Challenge start date: July 10th 2014 

Challenge end date: Oh god math… October 17th 2014? 

Goals: Focus more on strength training, get out of my comfort zone and try some new things, more muscle definition and much better endurance. I’m shooting for working out 4 to 5 days a week.  

Post # 7
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

TheLadyA :  Count me in!

I’ve just signed up to the thread for the Beegest loser so when I saw this I thought it would be a great way to do well over the next few months.

I’ll start tonight so:

Challenge start date: 11/07/14

Challenge end date: 19/10/14

Goals: to stay motivated during this attempt at getting healthy and to start running again!

I’m going to do one of the Insanity DVDs tonight and probably over the weekend too.

Post # 8
227 posts
Helper bee

TheLadyA :  I’m also really keen on cutting down my sugar intake. Sweet things are definitely my weakness!

Eating healthy will definitely be a challenge for this week because we’re in the middle of moving to another city. We’re moving both ourselves and a business. The kitchen isn’t quite unpacked yet so the last two days have been take out for dinner (oy vey). I’m going to prioritize the kitchen later today an see if I can’t remedy that. On a positive note though my water intake is up and I’ve been doing 72 oz (little over 2 litres) of water a day so that’s good! 

I did these exercises this morning and will repeat the set when I’m home:

http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-workout/full-body-crazy-8s-workout/

Hoping I can get my elliptical which is currently in pieces in the attic set back up again soon. Moving sucks. 

Post # 9
879 posts
Busy bee

Yay, more challengers!! I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s exercises and progress! And if others are adopting healthier eating habits, I may have to join in 🙂

Btw FreshBakedPi, I LOVED your proposal!!

Alright TheLadyA, I don’t want to have to come through that PC of yours 😉 Any updates for us? 🙂  

Post # 11
692 posts
Busy bee

I’ll join! I’ve been doing yoga for the past few days. I would like to make a habit of doing it every day. 

Post # 12
1613 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ll join in!! I’m starting up my 5:2 fast diet (intermittent fasting) again, I did it for about 6 months before my wedding and found it very manageable, it helped maintain my weight too! I’m also planning on doing at least 25mins of exercise 7 days a week 🙂 I’m excited to get back into P90X too! I was doing it faithfully 4x a week for about a year and was in my best shape ever…then fell off the wagon! I started P90X again 3 days ago and it feels sooo good to get back into it!

I’d also like to cut back on sweets and desserts (they are my HUGE weakness!!).

Start Date: July 12, 2014

End Date: October 20, 2014 (I think!)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  _blackbird_.
Post # 14
879 posts
Busy bee

countingstars: Yay, another yoga fan! Are you doing it at home or at a studio?

_blackbird_:  What is the 5:2 diet? Sounds interesting but tough if it involves fasting! Also, I’m always in awe of people who do P90X. I tried Insanity a few times a while back and hated every minute of it. Hahah. Perhaps I’d like P90X better…

TheLadyA :  YAY!! Way to go!!! How did it go? Are you going to do it again today, or mix it up with something else? 

Things here are going well. It’s now day 43 of my challenge. I’m planning on doing a Bikram class this afternoon, althought I’m tempted to do an exercise video at home since there’s a thunderstorm warning in effect.

I will say that things do get easier the further you get into the challenge! I have found that having a few different types of exercise to choose from has been the biggest help! Also, now that I’ve come pretty far, even when I really don’t feel like exercising, I do it anyways because I don’t want to miss a day and mess up my challenge. My FI and I are taking a trip to NYC next weekend and I’m worried about how I’ll keep it up there though. I think we may run in Central Park on Friday after we arrive, I’ll do a Bikram class Saturday morning, and then maybe bike to Brooklyn on Sunday (it will be leisurely biking, but I’ll count it anyways!). Anyways, I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  foz.
Post # 15
227 posts
Helper bee

foz:  You are the sweetest! <3 Thank you! Bikram really sounds interesting… would you recommend it for a Yoga beginner? 

TheLadyA :  Yay! *high fives* starting is always the hardest I think! 

_blackbird_:  P90X is crazy! Colour me impressed! That Tony Horton is a babe. I also really liked his style when I did the program (ages ago and I never finished). A lot of instructors can be really annoying but he was just the right amount of cheesy/funny and motivating to me.

The past couple days I’ve had limited time so I started doing this series (cause who doesn’t need a better butt!) http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/flat-full-booty-30-days-without-weights/ I am seriously feeling it. I had no idea how out of the game I was until I started this challenge. Nutritionally speaking I’m doing a whole heap better. I finally finished unpacking my kitchen so we’re eating normal food again! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors