(Closed) Anyone wearing Sottero & Midgley Mae?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey!

Mae Is not my dress, but I do have some pics of me in the dress!  I was using it to compare colors. Mae in the picture is Diamond white, I believe and Adore (my dress), the dress next to it is white.  

PS the line across my stomach is from the corset that i was wearing underneath its not a line in the dress!

[attachment=1065129,132631] [attachment=1065129,132632]

Post # 4
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

This was my 2nd choice.  This is a pic of me in the dress.

Post # 6
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the Mae. I wanted to try it on so bad, but nowhere around here had it at the time. I looked up pictures of that Pronovias…. Mae wins, hands down.

Post # 7
598 posts
Busy bee

@whit11:  Thanks!  I think that the color I tried on was also alabaster and I liked it more than the diamond white.  I agree that it is a very beautiful color.  I really loved the dress and it was very different from the dress I ended up getting.  This dress was my 2nd choice and sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice.  We’ll find out when my dress gets here!

Good luck and we’d love to see pics of you in the dresses.  Try a different store that wil let you take pictures.  There are 3-4 stores in my city that had this style.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I actually just bought this dress, in diamond white, and it’s on it’s way, but have since decided on another dress.  If you are interested or know of anyone that is, I am trying to sell mine!  I am located in Columbus, OH (or I can ship it).

I paid $1,198 for it and am willing to drop a couple hundred off because I have no use for it.

Mae by Midgely and Sottero, Size 4, Diamond White 

$998 or best offer!

[attachment=1137575,143493] [attachment=1137575,143494] [attachment=1137575,143495]

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Hey Everyone,

I just bought this dress – I loved it SO much.. and my wedding isn’t until September of next year.  I’m having the flare raised, so it’s more of a dropped waist and doesnt hug my behind.

[attachment=1320508,168028]

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I am also wear the Mae. I had them add 2 layers of crenoline to the bottom and I love it now. It gives it a much prettier flow (more trumpet/mermaid-style look). I also decided on the French bustle with this gown, and it surprisingly looks stunning; it liked it better than the traditional American bustle.

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee

Here it is with French Bustle shown. The French Bustle was super sturdy and held the whole evening (even with lots of dancing and moving). I would strongly recommend the French over the traditional American Bustle for the MAE. Everyone loved the French Bustle. BTW – I had to have several layers of crenoline added to my dress in order to get the fuller (trumpet) look.

[attachment=1584839,198071] [attachment=1584839,198072]

Post # 12
13 posts
Newbee

Mae French Bustle

[attachment=1584864,198075]

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

@Sandrakathleen:

I LOVE this gown and just made an appt to drive and hour and a half to try it on tomorrow night. But I’m concerned that it is going to be fitted further down than I would like…I would also like more of a dropped waiste look-did it seem like it was going to be difficult to make this change for the seamstress?

My wedding is October 21 so I definitely need to order soon! Thanks so much for any feedback 🙂

Post # 14
2246 posts
Buzzing bee

Its so gorgeous!

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee

I don’t think it was difficult to get a more dramatic dropped waist (mermaid-like) look, but it did take several tries before I got the effect I wanted. They had to tighten around the hips more and add crenoline layers; we started with 2 layers and ended with 6 full (longer) layers of crenoline.

The other option would have been to wear a mermaid slip under, but opted for alterning the dress instead to make sure it was more fitted to my body, and more comfortable. Also, because the dress is flat around front, I was afraid you might be able to see the elastic banding from slip underneath the dress.

Good luck! Smile

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi “PattyBerre”!

The dress is absolutely stunning on you!! I am just curious if the color of your dress is alabaster or diamond white. I am having a hard time deciding which color i want between the two. Thanks for letting me know!

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Sottero & Midgley Mae?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors