(Closed) Applying eyeliner & needing advice (pic heavy)

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You look great and I like the intense liner although I think you should lightly line all the way and then go darker at the corners.  Get thee to a mkeup pro (I like MAC and Sephora) for some tips to make you more comfortable and answer your liner questions. 

Post # 4
3482 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I don’t use “real” eyeliner anymore. I used to use pencils and liquid liners, but I wasn’t crazy about what a sharp, obvious line they created, and I would always end up blending the edges to try and make it look more natural.

Now I use a dark matte shadow with an angled liner brush and I like it much better. It gives you a very natural line, and the brush gets in nicely between your lashes so you don’t have any little unfilled spaces. If you use a good primer on your eyelids first, it should stay put all day.

TBH though, you almost look like you’re already wearing eyeliner in the first pic! I much prefer that to the black liner on the lower lash line, I think the black is a bit too harsh for you.

As for the rest of the makeup, I think it looks beautiful and the colour palette works well on you. My only critique would be not to go so dark up towards the brow bone. I’d try fading/softening the darker shadow out into a lighter shimmer once you get about halfway between the crease and your eyebrow.

Post # 5
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

On the bottom lids, I usually just use a dark brown eyeshadow and an angled brush and I only go halfway. It looks much more natural. Personally I feel like the way you have done your eyeliner looks like a bit too much. You could use black eyeshadow and that would give a similar, bold effect but with a softer less stark line.

As for eyeliner brands, I LOVE MAC fluidline. I used to only use liquid, but I never will again lol.

Post # 6
1352 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’ve used Maybelline’s pencil from the drugstore and thought it was pretty good.  I use Benefit waterproof liner and normally wear mine similar to the way you have yours on top but I usually have a small cat eye and I normally just use a smokey shadow on my lash line on bottom and fill in the water line with eyeliner.  I think your makeup looks good BUT honestly the bottom liner looks a little strange, I think you actually look nice without it or I think you should bring it all the way across instead of starting in the center.

Post # 7
1407 posts
Bumble bee

I think it is applied too heavily on the bottom lashes.  And I have never seen it only half way on the bottom lashes.  There are a ton of videos on You Tube you can watch.

Post # 8
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree that the eye liner looks better if its slightly thicker in the corner and thinner near the inside of bridge of your nose.

Post # 9
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I think you look fantastic without it!

I usually make a series of small dots with my eyeliner pencil underneath my eye and then blend them together.

Post # 11
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

It took me until just recently to realize that black eyeliner looks like crap on me. I switched to brown and (GASP!) plum colored eyeliner and it looks so much better.

I do it weird…I close my eyelid and stick the nub (I use the soft pencils that are self-sharpening) between and rub it back and forth, then go to the top lid and make little strokes from the middle to the outside, then from the middle to the inside. Then I rub the side of the nub heavily on the outside bottom lid, and less so as I move towards the inside. Then I take a Q-tip and blend the edges on the top lid to make it not so harsh looking.

Post # 14
784 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Yes!! Eyeliner!!

Post # 16
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Half across the bottom makes eyes look larger. All around makes eyes appear smaller. I liked how you do it normally personally.

I recommend a gray line on the bottom so it’s softer and use the black in te corners & top like you are.  I use Mac liquid on top & kohl pencil for bottom. 

The topic ‘Applying eyeliner & needing advice (pic heavy)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors