(Closed) April 2, 2011

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - Anthony’s Fine Dining

Hi date twin!  We’re kinda ahead of schedule with planning.  I’m graduating, taking the boards, and starting my first grown up job in a little bit, so I wanted to get a lot done ahead of time!  I found the venue, the dress, and the reception shoes so far.  Okay, so reception shoes weren’t a huge priority, but if you saw them you’d understand 😉

How’s planning going for you?

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I guess would be your older sister…LOL I just got married April 2, 2010!!! Have fun with the planning and dont forget to enjoy your big day. We did = )

Post # 6
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Hi date twins, Congrats eevees!

I am moving along slowly but I do have some things done. I have my DIY invitation kit, ordered my save the dates and picked my bridesmaid dresses. I am having my wedding dress made and I went for  fitting last week. I can’t believe it’s less than a year away!! We did book our reception venue and going to pre-cana next month. I am soo excited!!  The only obstacle right now is my matron of honor and a few other bridesmaids want to lose a few pounds before ordering their dress but I asked them to please order it by the end of the summer.  And, the priest I wanted to be the officiant will be on sabbatical 8( We still have lots to plan and shop for including florist, dj/mc and photographer.

Post # 7
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I just got married April 2nd, 2010 as well, so I have a soft spot for this day :-). Congratulations – I am sure it will be magical!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m getting married on April 2nd 2011 too!!  So Excited! Smile  So far we have booked our reception, found a church, and a hotel, and searched the area for possible “picture taking” scenic areas..  My fiance and I live an hour away from everything, so only time to really get over there is on the weekends… 

I have also chosen our wedding colors, asked my maid of honor, bridesmaids and flower girls to be in the wedding party, I have an idea of what wedding dress I want, and picked out the shoes but haven’t gotten them yet.  My parents picked a DJ/Band for us already.. but I wanted to hear them play first before I said yes.. 

We have an idea of what florist we are going to go with..  and my fiance’s friend is a photographer, so we will probably use him..  

Still have so much to do, but I think I’m in a good spot now with the planning….  hopefully!

Good Luck Ladies, would love to keep in touch as the year progresses!

Post # 9
26 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married April 2, 2011 too! I can’t believe its less than a year away! We got engaged 3 weeks ago, but we’ve already picked a venue, asked friends to be in the bridal party and started thinking of decor ideas. Oh and I think I found THE dress! We’re a little ahead of the game on a few things though…my dad works (used to own) a party rental company so thats taken care of, we have a cake person picked out (family friend) and I design wedding invites. 🙂 Lots to do still, but the tough stuff is figured out (venue)!

Just starting looking into honeymoon options…where are you all going?

Post # 10
1270 posts
Bumble bee

I am April 2, 2011 as well!

So far, I have purchased a dress and secured a photographer. That’s it! We got engaged in April 11.

We have found our reception and ceremony spots, but have yet to book them.

I live in the Seattle area, so weather is going to be iffy. Anyone else worried about weather on this day for them??? Spring Rain????

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee

FUN! I’m in Arizona so we only get a few days of rain per year. My venue is all outside so I’m hoping that April 2 is rain-free!

Post # 12
60 posts
Worker bee

Another April 2, 2011 bride here! So far, we have the ceremony and reception sites booked, just booked our photographer and hair/makeup.  Still need to finalize the wedding party… But will finish that this weekend!! On the hunt for a great, and budget friendly, florist now!

Happy Planning to you all!

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello fellow brides to be…. Is anyone as excited as I am….. we have 290 days… Time is flying. I have been married since last Labor Day so I can’t wait for the 2nd to get here….

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES

We already have most of everything: venue, church, caterer, cake maker, photographer, dj, engagement pictures, wedding dress, colors, etc

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee

Hello ladies! I’m getting married on April 2 as well!!

I’m a bit worried about the weather but I hope it’ll be wonderful regardless!

We have our church, reception, wedding dress done and rest are still in planning.  

Happy planning!

Post # 15
60 posts
Worker bee

Any updates on the progress “twins”???

I have now booked all of my vendors, and just ordered my dress and veil last week!!! Only things that need to be done (major things) are engagement pics, bridesmaids dresses, STDs, invites, and jewelry!

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee

WOW!  Another twin, here.  I’m as excited as the rest of you…..even though I’m probably much older.  I’m getting remarried after the loss of my husband to cancer.  Never thought I’d fall in love again, but Paul has captured my heart.  We will have a very small private sunset ceremony outdoors, with only our closest family and friends. I’m looking for a dress, but if I don’t find the one I would like to have, it’s no biggy for me, I have one that will do.  The only planning I am doing is booking the gazebo where we plan to marry….done, ordering a small cake, a small bouquet of flowers to carry, and leaving the honeymoon up to him.  I figure with an outdoor spring wedding, God will do the decorating for us.

Just thought I’d share a couple of interesting things that are happening on “our” wedding day. Sunsets are amazing, spectacular creations of God’s work.  We shared our very first sunset the night before he proposed, and it was amazing.  I look forward to sharing many more sunsets with him.  He is my sunset.

1) The sun and moon will be setting 31 minutes apart.  First, the moon, then the sun.  I’m really hoping to capture them both in a picture with us during the ceremony.

2) The moon will be in the last stage of waning cresant, with Sunday beginning the 1st phase of the new moon.  We will all begin a new phase in our lives with our husbands, just as the earth begins a new phase with the moon.  Thought it was neat, even if a little sappy. 

Good luck on the planning.  And may God bless each of you.

The topic ‘April 2, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors