(Closed) April 2011 Brides…have you set up your gift registry(ies) yet?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am only a few days shy of being an April bride.  I set up mine about 2 weeks ago.  I only did it though because I have my first bridal shower in 2 weeks. 

Post # 4
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have not yet… but we are putting together listings of things that we want to register for… Invites will be dropping in either August or September (we are having a cruise/destination wedding) so we expect thats when people will want to start buying the gifts

Post # 5
852 posts
Busy bee

We haven’t yet. We are registering in about a month. At target and BBB. I don’t know when showers are yet but I’m excited to register so I picked next month. My mom is actually going with me as my FI hates to shop haha!!

Post # 7
59 posts
Worker bee

Yes, because I had people ask my parents about it.  How often do you hear that.

Post # 8
852 posts
Busy bee

Ms. Teddy- I’m with you. We are having engagement pictures taken on August 26th, and then sending Save the Dates in September. So that’s one reason I picked August to register.  I think August sounds perfect, go for it!

Arose29- People started asking my mom about where we registered, literally three days after the engagement. Engaged on Friday, co-workers asked about registry on Monday.  Seriously people baffle me.

Post # 9
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

We set ours up a couple weeks ago because we both had a weekday off.  We did it at Crate & Barrel and Bed, Bath & Beyond.  FI actually had a really fun time at BB&B with the scanning gun.

Post # 10
57 posts
Worker bee

We haven’t set ours up yet, but I plan to register at Williams Sonoma (love their kitchen stuff), Macy’s (for everyday things), and Crate and Barrel (dishes, etc).  I was thinking of registering in September so we won’t have to stress about it around the holidays.  That would be the worst time to be in the stores too!

Post # 11
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m an end of April bride. I have not started my registry yet, I feel like it is too soon. My mom said she is planning on having our shower in Feb so I will be doing it at the end of October but before Thanksgiving.

Post # 12
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

as a former april bride, it is too soon. a ton of things go off the registries and you are constantly keeping up. if you have an engagement party or shower coming up, it may be worth it to register for some things, but save the rest for after the invites go out. we didn’t receive any gifts until after the invites went out two months before, but I didn’t have any showers until after that. i wish we would have waited, but we registered like 8 months out.

Post # 13
299 posts
Helper bee

I want to register like yesterday! But I am restraining myself.  I pretty much know everything we will be registering for.  We went to Macy’s and BBB a month or two ago to look at china.  BBB doesn’t carry the one we want so we will be registering at Macy’s along with Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel.  Also know what cookware, appliances and pretty much everything but silverware we will be registering for.  Most stuff we are registering for isn’t seasonal(except Pottery Barn) so I’m sure we could go ahead and register, but since we won’t be having any showers until probably Feb. I will hold off until Sept/Oct/Nov(at the latest!)

BTW this is my first post in the April 2011 boards hi everyone!

Post # 14
33 posts
Newbee

I set up my registry online for Target, but I dont’ have much on it yet.  We are hoping to go over the weekend and do some of it.  I am also registering at Kohl’s because they have the dishes I want.

Post # 15
14 posts
Newbee

I set it up but only because some of our engagement party guest called and asked so that they could bring a gift.

Post # 16
852 posts
Busy bee

I registered today at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond 🙂

The topic ‘April 2011 Brides…have you set up your gift registry(ies) yet?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors