(Closed) April 2011 Brides…what have you done so far for the wedding?

posted 8 years ago in April 2011
Post # 3
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

We have booked our ceremony and reception site, caterers, photographers. I found my gown and my FI bought his suit. We also are starting to put together our website and will be sending out our Save The Dates this month.

Next on our list is securing the entertainment (that’s FI part of the planning). We aren’t going to get a wedding planner since our ceremony, reception, and catering is all-in-one (and we get an event manager to help coordinate all that).

In the fall, I’ll start to think about the flowers, invitations.

Post # 4
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’ve booked the venue, purchased invites and save the dates, I got my dress and one of my hair pieces. I’ve finished my centerpieces, place cards and guestbook table. I’ve also started negotiating with the photographer and DJ. 

Post # 6
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

Just a note that we’ve been engaged since March 2009, so I’ve had A LOT of time to plan hehe 😉

We’ve booked our Wedding Planner/Florist, Venue (Ceremony and Reception), Photographer, Videographer, DJ & Lighting, Photo Booth, Hotel Block and Send Off Brunch, set up the wedding website, ordered my dress and picked out the BM dresses (won’t order till October).

Made the save the dates, just waiting on engagement pictures (which will be taken this Friday) to make a magnet.  We’ll send them out in August.  Completed some mock ups of DIY things like the Invites, Menus, Table Names, OOT boxes, Favor boxes. Painted the letters for our cake table and signs for decor.

Post # 7
47 posts
Newbee

We just got engaged in 12/09 but we are footing everything ourselves so we’ve made a plan to have everything done and paid for two months before the wedding.

And since my family about 7 1/2 hours away I only go home 2-3 times a year. So I’m trying to squeeze all my major purchases in when I’m in my hometown with my parents and sister.

Post # 8
268 posts
Helper bee

We have booked Venue, photographer, videographer, Caterer, Makeup, DJ, Minister, Florist. I ordered my dress too.

My Save the dates are completed too just need to finalize our guestlist and when I get back home I will be sending those. Then my focus will be on letterpressing the invitations.

Post # 9
383 posts
Helper bee

We have booked our ceremony and reception venues, organised our photographer and organised our celebrant. We also have purchased everything for our decor. We are paying for everything ourseves with a small bit of help from my mum and dad so we are tryig to get as much paid for now so we aren’t flat broke just befor ethe wedding.

Post # 10
510 posts
Busy bee

We’ve booked the ceremony & reception site (same place), I’ve been dress-shopping 2x (but still deciding :), I’ve chosen and ordered the BM dresses, 1st draft of guest list is done… and I think that’s it for now… I’m also a *long distance bride* so I’m planning to get things done in little bursts when I travel home.  Also we’ve done a lot of research- eg finding 3 of each vendor we like and that’s within our price range & plan to interview in person to choose.

Post # 11
98 posts
Worker bee

yipes. you guys are making me feel like a huge slacker. all i’ve got settled is the church..still deciding between two reception venues.  I thought STDs weren’t supposed to go out until closer to the 6 month mark so people don’t lose them/forget. am i misinformed? 

Post # 12
268 posts
Helper bee

Don’t feel like a slacker.. In my case I had to get the ball rolling on things I needed to get done because I am deployed to Afghanistan right now. As for Save the dates You can send them out anytime in my opinion. We are sending ours out in August when I get home because It doesn’t make sense for us to send them out 6 months early.

Post # 13
47 posts
Newbee

I don’t plan on sending out my STDs until at least August since we have a large amount of people coming from out of town. I ordered them now since they were being designed by the same woman who was doing the invitations. 

Post # 14
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I have absolutely nothing booked due in part to my FI lack of enthuasism. We’ve been engaged for five months now, and his lack of enthuasism was driving me crazy. But now that we’ve decided on a destination wedding, he’s considerably more interested now. I’m hoping to have our Ceremony venue booked by Memorial day when we announce our plans our parents!

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

We got engaged April 8 of this year and are very close to booking some things, but that’s all.  The wedding itself is April 1, and it is going to happen in Vegas.  We’re spending our honeymoon driving cross-country to Pittsburgh, where my family lives, for a reception the following weekend.  Then we’ll have another, less formal party a few weeks later for his family/our friends here in NJ. 

We think we have the Vegas chapel/wedding package picked out, we have our transportation and honeymoon plans mostly figured out, and I think I know what I want as far as a dress.  But we haven’t actually booked anything. 

I am impressed by those of you who have managed to get so much done already!  I’ve done lots of searching for Pittsburgh reception venues, but nothing has worked out yet.  I am somewhat concerned that I have already taken too long to find a place, and that my reception will therefore involve Dominos Pizza in my parents’ living room.  However, my guilt at turning from Laid Back Girlfriend into Stressball Bride around my FI and parents in the space of a month has finally overtaken this concern, so I’m trying to move into Zen Bride mode instead.  On the plus side, I definitely know where I want my cupcake tree to come from.

My FI, awesome dude that he is, has taken charge of the details for the NJ party.  We think we know where we want it to be and where we want to get the food from.  It’s a lot easier planning something like this in a place you actually live!

Post # 16
128 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve only booked the venue (same for ceremony and reception) but we’re now really close to booking catering/flowers/rentals (all from one company). I’m trying to get FH to finalize something with a photographer friend of his but he’s been busy at work and hasn’t gotten around to it yet… :

We’re using an Ipod/laptop for music so unless we can find a really good, cheap DJ, that is what we are going with for now. We have tons of musician friends so ceremony music is covered, we just have to pick which friend to ask.

FH used to work at a print shop AND is a graphic artist so he’s in charge of invitations but we haven’t even started thinking about those yet. We are probably doing email Save the Dates, and send those out around October.

The topic ‘April 2011 Brides…what have you done so far for the wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors