Post # 1
1. Our wedding colors picked out
2. Bridal party picked out
3. Ordered my dress/veil/head piece
4. Have our ceremony/reception venue booked(doing payments)
5. Picked out the Bridesmaids dresses
6. Have our flowers picked out for the bouquets/bouts/corsages.
We will soon book our photographer and we are looking for a videographer now.
What all have you done?
Post # 3
We are having a destination wedding in the Finger Lakes – 100% of our 130 or so guests will be travelling to the area – so it is going to be an entire weekend of events!
So far, we have:
- Booked our venue (same for ceremony & reception)
- Designed STD’s (waiting to get them printed since we are moving in the next few weeks and didn’t want anything to get lost)
- Booked Photographer (totally by reputation – have not met her yet, gulp!)
- Website designed & ready to inform!
- Guest list drafted (still need to finalize)
- Blocked 50 hotel rooms off for guests to reserve
- Booked our honeymoon suite (same place as venue)
- Had one mental breakdown when Future Mother-In-Law told me that her coworkers were excited to come to the town that our wedding will be held. Huh? MY own coworkers aren’t even invited and I’m footing the entire bill…anyways, not my battle…
From reading related posts, I think I’m behind on the dress-decision. It is something that I am totally and completely dreading for whatever reason. I am going to visit family in July, so the plan is to go to a bridal shop and start the process.
Post # 4
@lmoss78: I would love to have a destination wedding!! Seems like you are on the ball haha. I need to book a photographer fast!
Post # 5
I have my wedding colors and wedding party picked out, the photographer, the venue (ceremony & reception), our wedding website, our Save-The-Date Cards, our Invitations, all my reception decorations, bridesmaids dresses picked out, Im pretty sure i know what dress I am getting, but Im doing one more trip out to some bridal stores next weekend, the guys outfits, the cake/baker picked out, I’ve looked into blocking hotels but a lot of them are saying its too soon and that they dont have their rates out.
Post # 6
- Reserved venue (ceremony & reception in same location)
- Finalized 9/10th of the wedding party (one couple still a wildcard)
- Chose colors (crimson & tangerine)
- Booked DJ ($450 for 5 hours)
- Booked Band (friend’s band– doing it for free!)
- Booked Caterer (“friendor– $12 a plate!)
- Booked Photographer (friend-of-a-friend for $400!)
- Booked Hair & Make-up (another “friendor”)
In the works…
- DIY STD’s & Invites
- Researching officiants
- Wedsite (I have one, there’s just nothing on it)
- My gown
On the horizon…
- DIY: Card Box, Ringbearer Bride & Groom stuffed monkeys (my Fiance & I have a thing for monkeys), crochet bridal bouquet, silk bridemaid’s bouquets, flower girl basket, bathroom rescue kits (thanks Bees for this awesome idea), table numbers
So that’s where I am at these days! I live 3,500 miles from where the wedding will be, so it poses some challenges. I want to bang out as much stuff as possible as soon as possible to limit the time crunch of getting everything there.
Post # 7
- picked/paid for my dress
- hired photographer
- picked bridal party/groomsmen
In the works-
- making STD props for engagement shot
- making cardbox
- making veil
- patterning Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
Most importantly: Praying for sunshine on the 14th =)
Post # 8
- Penciled in at our venue
- A model friend of my Fiance has been asked to do my make-up (she said YES!!!)
- colors and theme have been chosen
- blog for the wedding (info, rsvp, etc)
- blog for me posting about the whole process
- my gown
- my jewelry (necklace, earrings, headpiece)
- Three of the 12 table centerpieces
- electronic STD’s
- design layout for STD’s (the ones that will be mailed)
- business cards that will be the magnets for the Save-The-Date Cards
- Invite pocketfolds (I DIY’ed these)
- Wedding Party has been chosen and asked
- Card box has been completed thanks to my brother and my SIL is painting it (supposedly)
- vases for the girl’s bouquets have been bought
- shot glasses for us and wedding party are bought and stored away, also
- ring pillow needs to be sewn and stuffed (it’s currently basted together, YAY! will probably do that this weekend!)
- Friendor for our cupcakes has been chosen (we only pay cost of materials due to publicity from a wedding and I promise to pimp the HELL out of her yummy cuppycakes! and they are soooo goooooood!!!!)
- My bouquet (or at least ONE of them) is done (except for wrapping the handle)
- Ribbon for the girls’ bouquets has been purchased
- Front and Back covers for our guestbook has been done
On the near-future to-do list:
- play around with making mini dragon eggs for the kids’ favors (still debating this…)
- Designing the “info cards” for the centerpieces (dragon eggs!)
- finishing up the ring pillow (as mentioned above)
- Asking a certain someone if he’ll be our officiant (and swearing him to secrecy)
on the to-do list for this summer:
- The rest of the centerpieces
- printing out the STD’s and invites
- making the business cards into magnets
- making the tiles that will be used to put the dishes on
- making the coasters for the wedding party (gifts)
- putting the invites together
- finishing up the bouts for the guys
- figuring out what to do for the flower girls, then doing it.
- making my other bouquet from artificial black roses and red crystal beads
Closer to the Wedding:
- doing the bouquets for the girls
- getting the containers for the candy buffet
- getting the candy
- getting my FI’s leather jerkin
- getting the kids’ costumes
- trying to not go insane with the stuff I haven’t gotten done yet….
I know there’s stuff I’ve forgotten, lol. But this gives you a good idea of what’s been done and what needs to be done…. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!
Post # 9
Ahh you ladies are making me feel a slight twinge of panic! At this point, I/we have only:
- Selected our color scheme
- Selected the wedding party
- Reserved & gave our deposit for the venue
- Found The Dress, but have yet to place an order
- Purchased shoes (shoes came before the dress, hahaha)
- Booked & gave our deposit for the photographer
- Booked the DJ
Still sooo much to do, especially on the DIY list. Yikes.
Post # 10
Update: RING PILLOW IS DONE!!!! WOOOOT!!!!!
that thing was a PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!!
Post # 11
@Zinzerena: Thanks for the list…gave me some great ideas!!
Post # 12
- Save the dates
- wedding party was asked and all said yes
- dress for ceremony, dress for reception, veil, shoes, and jewelry are done
- photographer booked
- ceremony booked
- reception booked
- hair & makeup booked
- cake booked
- cake topper birdies bought
- rings are bought
- return address stamp bought
- paper supplies and punch bought for invites
- started gathering supplies for some DIY stuff
- bought candy buffet glass for our at home reception and I’m using it in my kitchen (which I plan to do after the wedding too…to store rice, flour, sugar, etc)
Still to do:
- flowers (diy + florist for my bouquet, my Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, and all the groomsmen’s bouts)
- invitations (design & diy)
- travel, flights, & accomodations
- doggie boarding (application, test, and booking)
- wedding party gifts
- help Bridesmaid or Best Man pick their dresses & accessories
- welcome bags (diy)
- finish my garter (diy)
- toasting flutes that are totally impractical but I want them anyway
- clay flower and cake topper base for cake (diy)
- ring pillow (diy)
- card box (diy)
- guest book
- unity candle (but I’m waiting til the sparkly ones go on sale after christmas for that..)
- my headband/sash and purse that I want but haven’t bought
- Possibly a musician? Not sure…
- rehearsal dinner and cocktail /cigar hour planning (some diy)
- all the extra diy stuff i feel the need to add!
- Our post-wedding at-home reception complete with food, cakes, DJ, decor, and venue rental
- Dress alterations (muuuuch later)
So much stuff lol.
I always think I’m doing really good until I look at all the pieces floating around.
Post # 13
Oh my goodness! You guys are making me realize how far behind I am!!!
– dress picked and bought (should be here wednesday!)
-cake topper bought
-veil (using my moms but need to get dry cleaned)
-photographer pick (final stages of booking)
-dj (FI’s friend… he offered so I’m going to say booked)
-songs picked (first dance, walking down the aisle, ect)
– DIY invites, card box, cake stand, table #, centrepieces, banners, table runners, props, survival kits all planned just need to be made
-wedding band bought and bridal party picked
To do this summer!
-decided ceremony venue (I want church he wants reception venue)
-bridesmaid dress picked
-food/wine tasting (pick menu)
-book chair cover rentals
-book hair/make up
oh boy better get my butt in gear!
Post # 14
Post # 15
Geez now I feel really behind… Hey all you April 28th girls we’re date twins!
So far we have,
Booked our venue, which includes food, cake, rentals
In process of booking photographer
Looking at dresses
Picked bridal party
And that’s pretty much it….
Oh we are taking engagement pics in a couple weeks, but I still have a lot to do!
Post # 16
Im now working on:
-Engagement Pics(in July by a family friend thats a photographer)
-The girls will order their dress soon.
and Now Have:
-Venue(ceremony and reception)
Im probably forgeting a alot but yea 🙂