April 2013 Babies, Part 5!

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
1500 posts
Bumble bee

Im going to be the only one soon on TBD!! Can you move me onto Team Green next time please as we have decided we dont want to find out the gender :)

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond?

He has been really sweet lately and arranges my pillow for me before i get into bed to make sure im comfortable.

When he leave for work in the morning he kisses my forhead then kisses my belly and says daddys going to work now- look after mummy.

What are you most excited about?

Excited about the 3rd trimester. Its getting close now! Also excited to finish decorating the nursery.

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first?

Nosebleeds do not make driving easy and… When you gotta pee, you gota pee!

What shoes are you wearing right now?

Black boots wih buckles on the sides.

Tell us something we don’t already know about you:

I once danced in front of the Queen at her majestys Royal Theatre London for our young performers 2000 competition.

I have cooked with Jean Christophe Nuvelli, Michelle Roux Senior and Raymond Blanc whilst at college. 

2311 posts
Buzzing bee

Hooray for a new thread! 

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond? 
My sweet hubby has been soooo amazing.  We went Christmas shopping the other day and he drove around FOREVER tryning to find a close parking spot and said it was so I didn’t have to walk that far.  He talks to the baby all the time and always has his hands on my belly on the off chance he’ll be able to feel the baby move.

My ultrasound in a few weeks.  I’ve gotten soooo spoiled getting to see my little guy so much and I miss him when I can’t.  Plus, I want reassurance that his brain cyst is gone.

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first?
I was unaware that coughing during pregnancy can be a risky little game.  I have almost puked and almost peed just about every time I’ve had a coughing fit with this darn bronchitis.  It’s not a fun game.  But, at least I’m winning as I have yet to do either.  Yet.

Tall brown flat boots.  Love them!

I met my husband online (eHarmony) less than a month after moving to a new place where I didn’t know anyone.  I moved to SC from TN for a job completely by myself without knowing a soul.  I came home lonely from my best friends wedding and signed up.  I was matched with my husband a few days later and never looked back.  Best $60 I’ve ever spent!  Oh, and for the longest time we lied about how we met.  My sisters didn’t know the real story until our wedding.  We told everyone we met in the bread aisle at the grocery store!

And, here’s my 23 week picture!

1129 posts
Bumble bee

Praise your SO!  Have they done anything lately to make this journey easier for you, or have they gone above & beyond? Mr. Aardvark is a rockstar. Not only did he pull all the weight around the house during the first Tri when I was a puke machine on the sofa, but he has been super on the ball with all of our home buying stuff and getting ready to move. Also he made me peanutbutter toast and hot coco for dinner last night :)

What are you most excited about? Finally looking pregnant! Also setting up the nursery. I love seeing what everyone has posted here and can’t wait to dive in. Just a few more weeks! And of course, meeting this little wiggle worm and finding out who they are.

Have you learned anything new about pregnancy or your body in the second trimester that you didn’t know in your first? Some baby kicks make me have to pee RIGHT NOW 

What shoes are you wearing right now? A pair of brown slouchy boots that I got for myself as a college graduation present years ago.

Tell us something we don’t already know about you: I miss roller derby. It’s too bad  too because I feel like there are more days now, that I am pregnant, when just knocking someone down would do a lot to improve my mood. Also I hate olives.

1129 posts
Bumble bee

@DaneLady:  Cattle Drive!? That is so cool. I used to ride a bit as a kid but that would be so scary!

@ChocolateLime:  YAY for more team greenies! :) And I am very impressed that you danced in front of the queen… If I had to dance in front of any dignitaries I would probably lose my citizenship because the U.S. would be ashamed to claim me!

@Candy_Nee:  I totalyl hear you on the coughing! I almost lost my lunch this weekend during a coughing jag… It was bad news. 

2311 posts
Buzzing bee

@DaneLady:  Cattle Drive?!  Wow – very impressive!  Your bump is looking fab!!  Yeah, we were a little embarrased at how we really met so we made up the lame story that everyone believed.  So we just went with it.

@ChocolateLime:  You performed for the queen?!  Holy cow!!!!!

@Mrs. Aardvark:  Roller Derby – you girls are hardcore and I love it!  Yeah the couging is no bueno.  I have almost lost my breakfast several times on my drive into work.  On the interstate.  Super safe.

1129 posts
Bumble bee

@Candy_Nee:  During the first tri, I kept a grocery bag in the car, withing arm’s reach in case I had to puke before I could get the car stopped. Yeahhhhh. And I think it is super cute that you “spilled the beans” about how you met to your sisters at your wedding.

2311 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mrs. Aardvark:  That is a great idea!  I should keep one in my car just in case.  Yeah, we had several moments of spilling the beans at funny times.  I was at a bar after a bridal shower in my hometown and a friend told me that she was having a really rough time with her boyfriend and was thinking about breaking up with him.  And how it was just so wonderful and fate that I met my soon to be husband in the bread aisle at the grocery store at a time in my life where I really needed that.  I felt bad that she was using me as an example and had to come clean.  I was like “um, yeah, we sort of met online.  Not nearly as romantic”  It was hilarious!  For the record, her and the BF are now married and pregnant too!

1701 posts
Bumble bee

@Candy_Nee:  DH and I also met online and we also lied about it for a long time. The problem is, we don’t remember who knows the truth and who still believes the lie we made up (that we met in a local pub), so we just generally try to avoid the topic at all costs!

2311 posts
Buzzing bee

@hergreenapples:  That’s hilarious!!  That’s why we just ended up coming clean.  It was easier that way. 

1701 posts
Bumble bee

DH LOVES touching my belly. He rubs my belly and talks to the baby saying things like, “I love you, baby!” He also gets so much joy out of feeling the baby kick. It’s all very adorable.

Getting to meet this little creature! Starting/finishing the nursery.

When I have to pee I have to pee NOW. Last night I left work and went straight to the bookstore to pick up part of my mum’s gift. I peed right before I left work and the store is about five minutes away. By the time I got there and was standing in line to pay I had to pee again and quite urgently. I texted my BFF to say that they should have a special line for pregnant women with full bladders!

Black leather riding boots with silver hardware.

Hmmmm……

Back in 2004, I spent two months in India studying yoga my “guru.

I refuse to leave a party until the cake has been served :)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.