(Closed) April 2013 Babies- part 6!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I had a super productive weekend!  I got all our gifts from the shower put away.  As well as the insane amount of hand me downs from my SIL.  We finally got our crib mattress and a super cute sheet from Target.  And, we picked up our stroller/carseat from DH’s parents.  I feel somewhat ready for our little guy now.  I mean, he still needs to cook for at least 10 more weeks, but heaven forbid he come early, he has a way to get home and somewhere to sleep!  Here’s a quick sneak peek of the nursery!  I’ll post my comparison bump pics later, when I have a recent one.  What a cute idea! πŸ™‚

Post # 5
1675 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@DaneLady:  Thanks for starting another thread!

Here I am around 14 or 15 weeks:

And this past weekend at 29w3d:

It’s suddenly very clear to me where those 25-30 lbs have gone! Apparently most of them are residing on my back in the form of rolls of fat!

I’ve been MIA lately as I’ve been struggling a little. The past week has been tough for me physically and I’m very frustrated, as I sailed through the first 28 weeks of pregnancy with little to no complaints and an over-abundance of energy. Then, last week, I got hit with some really serious exhaustion, and some nasty RLP, which combined with pregnancy hormones all served to make me pretty emotional.

It got worse this past Saturday when I decided to take advantage of the cold but sunny weather and go for, what would have in my pre-pregnancy life, been a short 3km walk. I could barely walk by the time I got back thanks to the RLP, and after laying down on the couch for a few minutes seriously could not walk. I was in tears just trying to get from the living room to the adjacent kitchen. After some Tylenol and a heating pad things improved somewhat and I was feeling a lot better by yesterday. But this whole past week has been a bit of a wake-up call in terms of me accepting the fact that, like it or not, this pregnancy is putting stress on my body and I need to respect my body’s limits. I’ve still been going to crossfit 2-3x a week, but am going to lay off this week until after my next midwife appointment (Wednesday) and then decide how best to proceed.

I’m really frustrated that I’ve worked so hard at staying active and have felt so good until now. I want to continue to be active to make delivery and recovery easier, but I can’t if my body keeps telling me to slow down. This is a tough lesson for a type A personality. Sorry for the novel, but wanted to share with others who will understand!

In other news, we got the crib mattress, pack and play and infant car seat this weekend. really starting to cross things off the to-do list! Still waiting to hear from Ikea regarding the replacement parts that they’re supposed to send us……

Here’s a photo of the crib with sheets and crib skirt:

Post # 7
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

@hergreenapples:  I’m so sorry you’re having so much pain!  Don’t you wish there was a more pleasant way for our bodies to tell us that we need to slow down?  LOVE your yellow chevron sheet!  That’s the design I”m going for in my crib.  Ours will be grey, liime green, and blue.  Not all at once.  LOL

DaneLady: Thanks!  I’m really loving how it’s all coming together.  Once I get it closer to finished, I’ll post the full thing rather than just one view.

Post # 8
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Downtown Riverfront Cafe

17 weeks

29.5+ weeks

Adorable early/late phtoos, ladies. πŸ™‚

Third trimester is getting scary. Almost 30 weeks and just the sound of that gives me contractions. Lol. Moving has everybody really excited, especially since we can finally get started on the nursery. Having baby’s room ready will surely make everything so much more REAL. I’m so sick of being pregnant during an Iowan winter. It makes exercise so much more difficult. I’ve been extremely tired during the day and been having the strangest dreams. I assume I’m not alone here? Hope everyone is feeling well. Take care, mommies.

Post # 9
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Thanks for starting the new thread! πŸ™‚ I’m so excited to see all these boys and girls, and to find out what the Team Green babies are!!!

Here’s 16 weeks..

And 28 weeks..

I guess you can see a difference now! I love comparing them. πŸ™‚

Post # 10
2012 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

16 weeks vs 29+ 5

Post # 11
2012 posts
Buzzing bee

so i saw this on the september boards.

Its a load of rubbish in my opinion but its fun to see what it says anyway. even of the gender is wrong i wonder if any of the dates and weights will be right! go to spacefem.com

caroline is expecting a baby!

Her due date is Thursday, April 11th 2013.

we predict that she will have a
Monday, April 1st 2013
1:12 pm
3107 g ~ 6 lbs, 14 oz Get your prediction at Spacefem.com

Post # 12
170 posts
Blushing bee

Ah…I can’t believe we’re on Part 6 already!  I wonder how many we’ll have before the first April baby is born??

@DaneLady:  I did see your request for me to repost the Maternity Photos link.  Good idea; I definitely wouldn’t have thought of that.  Here it is:

Maternity Photos – Sanibel Island, FL (pic heavy)

@Candy_Nee:  Love the nursery.  I’m so jealous that you have so much done.  I have my first shower a week from this Sunday.  I’ll be doing the same as you and getting a lot of the nursery done after the shower.  Cannot wai!

@bohosioux:  This winter is much milder than most, don’t you think.  I think we’re getting a high of around 55+ today in the Chicago area.  Unreal!!

@hergreenapples:  The gray and yellow is adorable!  

Love, Love, Love all the comparison bumps.  I think I’ll play along πŸ™‚

16 weeks vs 30 weeks…quite the difference…

Post # 13
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

Here we go with my comparison pics…

14 Weeks..

29 Weeks…

Holy cow what a difference!!!!

Post # 14
2226 posts
Buzzing bee

@ChocolateLime:  I did it too!  Here’s what mine says!

Candace is having a baby!
Her due date is Saturday, April 13, 2013
we predict she will have a
on Friday, March 29, 2013
at 12:07 am
Weighing 7lbs4oz

Not too shabby!  I wouldn’t mind having him a bit early.  And 7 lbs 4 oz sounds doable! 

@MrsKoz:  Thanks!  We still have a ways to go, but at least it feels like it’s somewhat ready.

Post # 15
2012 posts
Buzzing bee

@Candy_Nee:  just realised mine says April fools day!! 6lbs 14 is alright too! I do think baby will be on the smaller side especially as Mr B is short.

I think i was 7lb 6 when i was born and Mr B was only 4lbs bless him but he is a twin! 

I still have a pointy belly.

The topic ‘April 2013 Babies- part 6!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors